You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Netflix - a cautionary tale

astral

Back at the start of January I signed up with Netflix to try the service during the Free Month offered.

I had to give credit card details and chose to use PayPal

With my poor internet connection the service was unworkable, so I cancelled after one week

and this was acknowledged by Netflix

Imagine my surprise to find that my account had been debited for the "free month" of january

I raised the matter with paypal and they agreed to a refund

However they also sent me an e-mail saying the refund was a "courtesy"..........

So check your account if you have signed up, to make sure you really got the Free month promised

I am on the free month but I would not be surprised if they deduct money from my account. I once got a medicine from the states. they asked me to register so I could get 1 bottle for free and have the choice to cancel my subscription. as soon as I received my box, the money was deducted.

I have been using the local movie streaming site, Hollywood HDTV, and really like it.

I buy access cards for the service from B2S, TB.199 for 30 days.

English? Perhaps I missed it? Hollywood HDTV is a Thai only site from what I could see.

I recommend IlikeHD - best selection and best value that I have found. They have packages - Movies (US, UK, Thai, and many others), and TV Series (looks like US and UK and some others - not for me), and Adult (don't need it - yet) and TV (local free and heaps of international ent and sports) .

I use their movie channel. 99% Movies in English and most with Thai subtitles. Most movies come with several language options (mainly English or Thai, but many also have others) and most movies come with many subtitles language options (mainly English or Thai, but heaps of others too). Movies are all 720 and most 1080 - you choose - sound and picture great. Occasional hiccup - but at 200baht a month and unlimited movies on demand, what is there to complain about. And they have 'over 1000 movies - all the good ones from last 30 years (and some older) and most of those released post-theatres in Thailand eg. Operator, Martian, Spectre, Straight Outta Compton, Sicario, The Walk, etc etc etc.

I use 365sportTV for sports - because they record the last 7 days and I can watch any event whenever I want. PGA and EuroPGA and Web.com and Masters and locals, MotoGP, WSB, Formula1, Cricket (all), BPL, NFL, NRL, AFL, Tennis, Basketball, etc etc etc. A bit more expensive - 600 or 900 - but worth it to not have to find and record it all myself for 200baht a month.

Archived