Kathu man shoots drinking buddy dead at Phuket seafood restaurant

webfact

Kathu man shoots drinking buddy dead at Phuket seafood restaurant
Eakkapop Thongtub

1455598404_1-org.jpg
Phuttarak Dachaphun,46, is checked for traces of gun powder by forensic police. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A man from Kathu surrendered to police last night (Feb 15) after shooting dead one of his friends during a drinking session at a seafood restaurant.

Capt Wattanathorn Bumrongthin from Thung Thong Police was alerted to a shooting incident at a seafood restaurant in Soi Hopland in Kathu district at 9pm. It was reported that one man had died of a gunshot wound to the head.

Capt Wattanathorn arrived at the scene with a team of officers including forensic police and medical staff from Vachira Hospital to find the body of a man sitting face down at a table in the restaurant. Three 9mm bullet casings and one bullet tip where found close to the body.

“The victim was 46-year-old Phuttarak Dachaphun,” said Capt Wattanathorn. “He had been shot three times.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/kathu-man-shoots-drinking-buddy-dead-at-phuket-seafood-restaurant-56238.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-16

Makes me laugh the number of expats who claim to be good friends with 'high up' police in Thailand.

I learnt, through experience, stay well clear of all of them.

They shoot their Thai friends, probably because of losing face. It ain't going to be any different because you are his farang 'friend' or in law.

Makes me laugh the number of expats who claim to be good friends with 'high up' police in Thailand.

They shoot their Thai friends, probably because of losing face. It ain't going to be any different because you are his farang 'friend' or in law.

And how is police related to this shooting?

"Witnesses told police that the argument began between former border patrol police officer Komkrich Wisetmak, 48, and Puttarak Dechapan, 47, a former police volunteer."

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Guns-planes-argument-ends-fatal-Phuket-shooting/63170#ad-image-0

When I was a kid, we would play outside in the yard or on the street. We longed for a policeman to drive or walk down the street. We would wave and flag them down. They would always stop and talk to us. They were the best of the best. Truly good family men, friends, neighbors, sisters, brothers, and always welcome in our home. All my friends and I wanted to be policemen. A few of them did.

When my kids see police here in Phuket. My kids go in the house.

"Witnesses told police that the argument began between former border patrol police officer Komkrich Wisetmak, 48, and Puttarak Dechapan, 47, a former police volunteer."

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Guns-planes-argument-ends-fatal-Phuket-shooting/63170#ad-image-0

Thanks, but nothing about that in the OP, or the link to Phuket news.

Phuket news reporting is poor to vague. Worth checking the 2 remaining online English news sources now that the Wan has gone.

No mention of 'high-up' policemen, either. Nonsense post.

Its amazing these occurrences are so frequent yet the supply of these muppets never seems to diminish? . Truly amazing thailand

Another with the ever famous truely amazing Thailand. Your home country must be so good to live, please tell me where.. Iv read many a same story happening in Australia

Its amazing these occurrences are so frequent yet the supply of these muppets never seems to diminish? . Truly amazing thailand

Another with the ever famous truely amazing Thailand. Your home country must be so good to live, please tell me where.. Iv read many a same story happening in Australia

No mention of 'high-up' policemen, either. Nonsense post.

Not nonsense at all.
I take it you are one of these 'connected' people, LOL.