Phuket discusses economic issues, upcoming Formula 1 powerboat race

webfact

Phuket discusses economic issues, upcoming Formula 1 powerboat race

PHUKET, 16 February 2016 (NNT) - The Phuket Provincial Administration has held a meeting with the private sector on addressing the province’s economic issues as the province prepares to host a Formula 1 powerboat race.

The meeting was attended by Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada, Deputy Governor Prajiat Aksornthammakul, Director of the Phuket Office of Tourism & Sports Santi Pawai and the private sector to follow up on progress in the provision of infrastructure, such as roads and tunnels, while developing public transportation and assistance policies for rubber farmers.

It also discussed the overall economic performance of Phuket, stimulus policies, promotion of Halal products on international markets, the upcoming Formula 1 powerboat race, the proposed Hat Yai to Phuket electric train line, provincial trade policies and the establishment of a committee to tackle the province’s economic issues.

Phuket Governor Chamroen remarked that the Formula 1 powerboat race to be held on November 4-6, 2016, is expected to make Phuket a more widely known destination for water sport activities and boost the province’s positive image as an international tourist destination.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-16 footer_n.gif

"promotion of halal food on international markets"

Not exactly sure what they mean by that but I don't see the promotion of halal food helping with anything else mentioned in the article nor do I see how it'll help Phuket in any regard apart from fostering the muslimisation which seems to gain steam and certainly doesn't help with attracting more tourists.

Not exactly sure what they mean by that but I don't see the promotion of halal food helping with anything else mentioned in the article nor do I see how it'll help Phuket in any regard apart from fostering the muslimisation which seems to gain steam and certainly doesn't help with attracting more tourists.

Powerboat F1 is another one of those sports that the UAE has essentially bought and paid for.

So maybe they're expecting a lot of our Arab brethren to pitch up. Quality tourists, of course.

Powerboat race has been on the cards for the last 15 years. Precarious sea conditions were always the issue. What's changed?

No idea where it will be held, but in November you'd need sheltered waters, can still be quire rough outside.

Maybe they get rid of the soidogs for the muslems, tourists will also be happy to see that.

Many europeans are terrified for them because they are dirty and can have many diseases.