Thai font problems on apple macbook pro

davidst01

A few months ago I downloaded a thai font on my new laptop. It seems to have been lost now when using Word. If I change the language to Thai and then type in the browser field www. then there is thai language but not in Word.

Can you recommend a website that I can download the font and advise the name of the best font.

Any instructions about how to get this working is appreciated.

thanks

thanks for the reply. Does anyone else have any advice

​David - I use Thai fonts everyday on my MacBook Pro. I'm not expert on this, but I'll help where I can. First step is open Applications folder, then open Font Book application, and look for Thai fonts. Do you have any?

Probably you do, but are any fonts "off". If "off" that means disabled. Perhaps the font you are trying to use is off/disabled. So, right click, and use drop down menu to enable.

​MS SanSerif font, suggested by Bill above, is an excellent choice because the heights of the characters are the same in both Thai and English. That's very useful if you are mixing both languages on the same line.

​Now, about the problem in Word, I'll take a guess: I don't use Word, so I'm not sure, but in the text application I use, there is a preference for language. Select menu "Word" and then down to preferences. Maybe there is an option there to select language. I'll attach a screen picture of that in the program I use as a guide for where you can look.

post-254329-0-94428700-1456377306_thumb.

post-254329-0-10942000-1456377392_thumb.