Morocco's Tangier seeks Phuket 'sister city' status

webfact

Morocco's Tangier seeks Phuket 'sister city' status
The Phuket News

1455681282_1-org.jpg
Ambassador Abdelilah El Housni of Morocco (left) shakes hands with Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada at Provincial Hall yesterday (Feb 16). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: -- The Moroccan Ambassador to Thailand visited Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada yesterday (Feb 16) to present the idea of Phuket becoming a “sisiter city” with Tangier, on the north Moroccan coast.

“Phuket and Tangier share many similarities. Tangier is a major coastal city next to the Mediterranean. Morocco is a constitutional monarchy and we have long established relationship with Thailand,” Ambassador Abdelilah El Housni of Morocco

“Today Morocco has an Honorary Consul in Hua Hin, in Prachuap Khiri Khan. In Phuket, we have approximately 10,000 Moroccans visiting the island each year. This might seem like a small number, but most are considered VIPs. They all arrived on private jets and stayed at least one month in hotels and resorts across the island,” he added.

“More Moroccans are wanting to travel to Phuket, so I believe in reaffirming our relationship and hope Tangier and Phuket can become ‘twin cities’ soon. This will benefit both Phuket and Morocco,” Amb El Housni said

Governor Chamroen welcomed the idea.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/morocco-tangier-seeks-phuket-sister-city-status-56252.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-17

"sisiter city" ... wonderful editoral skills ... not

"Phuket and Tangier share many similarities" ... really, I have visited Tangier and in my view there is not much similarity.

Just another public paid jolly for officials in both cities.

Edited by LivinginKata

"sisiter city" ... wonderful editoral skills ... not

"Phuket and Tangier share many similarities" ... really, I have visited Tangier and in my view there is not much similarity.

Just another public paid jolly for officials in both cities.

Don't knock the jollies, I was privileged to enjoy them myself for a number of years thumbsup.gif

I've been to Tangier, never Phuket, but from what I read it would bt touch and go in the decadence stakes.

Think of the possibilities.....lady boy exchange program?? Probably not though. In Tangier they really are boys, young boys.

The 'sinister typo' may have been intentional.

I've been to Tangier, never Phuket, but from what I read it would bt touch and go in the decadence stakes.

Think of the possibilities.....lady boy exchange program?? Probably not though. In Tangier they really are boys, young boys.

The 'sinister typo' may have been intentional.

It seems that you had a lot of fun with the boys in Tangier. Thumbs up. I prefer the fake snakes in Marrakesh and the mountains in Tetuan where they grow my favorite green tea........ thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Tangier the only place in the world where some parasite triedwhistling.gif to mug me ...on the beach of all places its a <deleted> hole so a good sister possibly

They didn't let our old Benz in and when we're looking for a hotel in the center, we're surrounded by a bunch of Maroccs who wanted to rob us. Yep, a dangerous place....laugh.png

A taxi then saved our ass and brought us to a hotel with a whore house in the basement. Amazing country.

Edited by lostinisaan

In Phuket, we have approximately 10,000 Moroccans visiting the island each year. This might seem like a small number, but most are considered VIPs. They all arrived on private jets and stayed at least one month in hotels and resorts across the island,” he added.

Sounds like Thailand is perfect for a partnership as the one similarity seems to be the ability to spout BS!

The last Moroccans I remember staying were backpackers who checked out very suddenly one morning. Half an hour later I had a complaint from another guest that the money he had left in his locker had been stolen whilst he was in the shower. Coincidence? I'll leave you to decide.

In Phuket, we have approximately 10,000 Moroccans visiting the island each year. This might seem like a small number, but most are considered VIPs. They all arrived on private jets and stayed at least one month in hotels and resorts across the island,” he added.

Sounds like Thailand is perfect for a partnership as the one similarity seems to be the ability to spout BS!

The last Moroccans I remember staying were backpackers who checked out very suddenly one morning. Half an hour later I had a complaint from another guest that the money he had left in his locker had been stolen whilst he was in the shower. Coincidence? I'll leave you to decide.

No doubt these VIPs just needed some "small money" for the taxi fare to transport them to their awaiting private jet.

So i know Algerians and Moroccans. And of all Arabic and North African countries these 2 are considered to be most untrustworthy of all. They are not hardcore muslims but they cheat and steal anything they can . Now this is ofc my personal experience and opinion. And again this is my personal experience.

Edited by sead