Return of Ashes to Thailand

jonwilly

I have been informed on another board of the death of a Frang, British, and a statement was made that his ashes would be returned to Thailand for his wife/family.

Does anyone know if this is allowed ?

When I worked in Mid East one man passed away and his Thai wife was not allowed to return his body for cremation in Thailand.

Cremation was not permitted under the Laws of Islam.

john

In which country is the body of the deceased person?

Is the cremation already done?

Does anyone know if this is allowed ?

It depends where from. Bringing the ashes to Thailand is not restricted so far I understand this.

But there might be restriction in terms getting the ashes out from some countries.

If the ashes are in the UK, than there are no restrictions.

Edited by Morakot

Regarding Thailand. I had a friend die in another country, We burn the body, and went to the airport, to fly back to Bangkok.

Once at the airport I was told by Thai Air that we could not bring the Ashes on the plane. I took the ashes and threw them in a flower pot in front of the airport. Then went to a local Pet store and bought a cheap Soi dog mutt. I went back to airport; put the puppy in the cage, and put in in cargo. Once I landed I told the family of my friend that " I put the ashes in my luggage and went to sleep. Next day I woke up and heard barking from the suit case. I opened it and found the puppy " All the family was happy that their Uncle had been reborn. Happy Ending.

Regarding Thailand. I had a friend die in another country, We burn the body, and went to the airport, to fly back to Bangkok.

Once at the airport I was told by Thai Air that we could not bring the Ashes on the plane. I took the ashes and threw them in a flower pot in front of the airport. Then went to a local Pet store and bought a cheap Soi dog mutt. I went back to airport; put the puppy in the cage, and put in in cargo. Once I landed I told the family of my friend that " I put the ashes in my luggage and went to sleep. Next day I woke up and heard barking from the suit case. I opened it and found the puppy " All the family was happy that their Uncle had been reborn. Happy Ending.

A puppy indeed.

And you expect us to believe this?

Now if it was a kitten, or better yet a tiger cub, then yes, l could think, maybe. lolz!

My first Thai wife died in the US a little over 6 years ago. Her family requested that I bring her ashes to Thailand. She was cremated in the US. The funeral home took care of all the paperwork necessary, which included some for Thai Immigration. I hand carried her ashes and had no issue at Immigration Control. One thing is that a wooden urn was required so they could X-ray it. I’m not sure how it works if not cremated, but am sure the funeral home can assist.

it was not long ago that the new zealand woman was killed in south thailand, after winning her fight, one of the guys on this forum said that it would be best to burn the body in thailand and then use a approved container to be able to carry on the plane, no cost as far as i know'[ new zealand parents were looking for donations to bring the body back home]

He must have lived a great life to come back as a soi dogbiggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...