Monk protest leader to face charges of defying public gathering law

webfact

BUT... in this case it was lana guy who started with the reference to other occurrences instead of keeping to the topic so he opened it up and you start blaming the people who support the junta.. seems you are a bit selective as well. If you had said this in a topic where Thaksin was mention to defend something, sure.. but now your doing the same your accusing others of cheesy.gif

You mean pointing out the obvious fact that the demonstrators who support the junta are not prosecuted while those who are opposed are is off topic??

You know what I mean.. and your trying to deny it.. funny. I am not saying its off topic. But you cry when people say what about Thaksin when it OT and now you do the same what about the yellowshirts. Its just funny.. something about a pot and a kettle and black.

Maybe its better you don't make that remark in the future as your as guilty as others, or just accept it from others as your doing the same.

"Maybe its better you don't make that remark in the future as your as guilty as others,"

Thanks for the advice, but I disagree. Again:

Sure it does, but for the junta supporters this has become a severely disingenuous mantra, to be used in any topic, and to excuse everything the junta does.
For those of us (and dare I say we seem to constitute a clear majority of TV posters?) who are opposed to the military takeover, not so much - in fact, not even close.

I disagree about that, besides being against the Shins does not mean pro junta or even if pro junta agreeing with everything they do.

There might be a majority against the junta.. but there is still a majority against the Shins too. Just shows the junta is not well liked (with good reason).

If the police said they would enforce the public gathering law no matter who the offenders are then why were their not any arrests at the 300 or so people gathered to YLs trial the other day?

I think the police and gov are taking on more than they can chew by going after the monks. Religion in Thailand is a lot stronger than the gov.

Good point. From what I've seen over the years Thais who don't give a stuff about politics are likely to respond to anything involving Buddhism.

I'm not saying they'll necessarily understand the situation but Buddhism being inviolate has been inculcated since childhood. A lot too will depend on the age of those who are like to respond.

Edited by Caveat Emptor

what about the 200 yellowist's outside the US Embassy?

The answer to that question is painfully obvious to everyone except the "but brigade".

(But as in "but, but, but..Thaksin!", not a person's rear end.)

but but but but the yellow shirts..... Kinda works both ways!

Ok brains, you explain the diffetence between the Issara embassy protest of 200 plus and this one.

I know the answer, just wondering if you do.

The answer to that question is painfully obvious to everyone except the "but brigade".

you can't have it both ways either the law will be 'enforced' as the junta claimed (i.e. fairly) or it won't (i.e. the reality)

Hahahaha. How long have you been in Thailand, 2 seconds? You know the law here is NEVER enforced fairly! Under ANY Prime Minister including the party that has had the most years in power in the past 20 years!

Obviously the electorate doesn't agree with you.

Ok brains, you explain the diffetence between the Issara embassy protest of 200 plus and this one.

I know the answer, just wondering if you do.

well there were more people at this one and they were infringing on the officers duties by physical moving vehicles put there to stop vehicular access.. Other than those points (which are what he is being asked about) nothing!

you can't have it both ways either the law will be 'enforced' as the junta claimed (i.e. fairly) or it won't (i.e. the reality)

Hahahaha. How long have you been in Thailand, 2 seconds? You know the law here is NEVER enforced fairly! Under ANY Prime Minister including the party that has had the most years in power in the past 20 years!

Obviously the electorate doesn't agree with you.

The electorate don't agree with what? Your post is amazingly unclear considering the post you quoted!