Long Stay Parking

Mobi

I have seen a few references to long stay parking in thr press, but not sure if it exists, and if, so whether it is a viable option.

I will be travelling to Singapore in easly November from Pattaya with 3 guests, and would like to use my own transport and leave it at the airport.

Has anyone used the long stay car park? Does it exist? Is it expensive? Or should I forget it and use limos?

Thanks

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

I went down on the opening day to look around the airport and got the bus to the long stay car park, which is situated near the bus station. The drive is less than 10 minutes.

The bus was packed with locals - going to work in the airport I guess. No problem really, but with luggage I would think not much fun.

There seemed to be little or no security really. If someone wants to take your car it seems they can drive over the grass verge with no real problems.

There were some security guys there, but I wandered around the car park and nobody challenged me.

Also there is no sun protection - so your car bakes there during the day.

I am going to the UK for 2 weeks in January and may park in the short term car park instead or get a cab.

I went down on the opening day to look around the airport and got the bus to the long stay car park, which is situated near the bus station. The drive is less than 10 minutes.

The bus was packed with locals - going to work in the airport I guess. No problem really, but with luggage I would think not much fun.

There seemed to be little or no security really. If someone wants to take your car it seems they can drive over the grass verge with no real problems.

There were some security guys there, but I wandered around the car park and nobody challenged me.

I am going to the UK for 2 weeks in January and may park in the short term car park instead or get a cab.

Thanks for all that. it doesn't sound too great a set up at the moment does it?

I think I'll get a limo instead.

Short (and "medium"?) term parking is in covered areas adjacent to the airport terminal itself. I don't know what the parking fees are, but I was considering that option for a three day trip coming up. Does anyone know what the parking fees are there?

Short (and "medium"?) term parking is in covered areas adjacent to the airport terminal itself. I don't know what the parking fees are, but I was considering that option for a three day trip coming up. Does anyone know what the parking fees are there?

I found a private car parking , in the shade and guarded

600 thb day 1-3 , 500 4-7, 400 8-14, 300 15+days

for 250 they will pick up the car at the airport and for 250 they will meet you when you return

10 minutes away

J

Edited by jumbo

for 250 they will pick up the car at the airport and for 250 they will meet you when you return

10 minutes away

J

Well I'm not exactly hard up - but that sounds like a lot of dough. So a week's partking would cost 4,300 Baht (including the pick up and meet). I can get a pretty good limo from Pattaya for 1200 Baht - so 2,400 for go and come - cheaper, and less hassle.

Or have I got my maths wrong? :o

10 minutes away

J

Well I'm not exactly hard up - but that sounds like a lot of dough. So a week's partking would cost 4,300 Baht (including the pick up and meet). I can get a pretty good limo from Pattaya for 1200 Baht - so 2,400 for go and come - cheaper, and less hassle.

Or have I got my maths wrong? :o

yes, it is money and it is not for the poor

but it is a nice service and I am sure my car is OK adn they wash it as well before they come to pick you up

no, its 4.000 thb for a week, but I think when you offer a little less like in bargaining they will accept also, remember TIT

J

email; [email protected]

Edited by jumbo

Thiss came in when I mailed them, First I had the wrong email, correct email is [email protected]

I used them 2 weeks ago for a short trip

They park the car in the moobaan where they live I guess, at least that is what they told me

Sat, 28 Oct 2006 02:27:46 GMT

X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]

X-Sender: [email protected]

To:

Bcc: Subject: rates

Return-Path: [email protected]

Dear sir,

current rates are

daily rates in thb

day 1-3 4-7 8-14 15 and more

400 300 200 150

Pick-up and edelivery service is 200 thb per service

Rates are in thb, shaded and guarded parking in airport vicinity

Your car will be washed, please take out valuables

Please email us for details and reservation.

The rates have changed from last month since we have found a new parking place.

Yes, we have contracts and we give you copy of ID from me

kind regards

Ms. Jacky

I had heard about the lack of security at the long term lot, plus it's out in the weather. So far, I have not parked at the airport because of that, but rather took a taxi. :-(

Whar about the short/medium term parking lots next to the terminal? Anyone know what the rates are there?

• 4 weeks later...

Right now, parking in the covered "short term" area adjacent to the terminal is free. There is a booth when you enter the car park, but they only hand you a card that must be returned when you leave, but no money is collected. They will supposedly begin collecting parking fees in December, so I guess this information is onlu marginally useful at this point. Security looked ok, with lots of parking attendants scattered all around the place.

As a tip, use the exit from the main entrance road for the 5th floor parking area. The bridge from the car park to the terminal is at the 5th floor, so if you can get a spot there it is much easier. There are only two small lifts servicing the entire car park and you can wait a long time before you get one, so if you can get the 5th floor, things will be much easier.

Yes, the car park lifts are yet another design miracle at Suvarnabhumi.Only two small lifts servicing the entire huge carpark. They are always full, there is always a queue at each floor, and last time I was there, one of them was broken.

Forgot to mention another design miracle at the car parks. When I was there yesterday, I noticed that they grey surfacing used for the car park on level 6 has begun to break up and crumble. Yes, after two months of operation, the surface is breaking up and potholes are beginning to form on the top floor. Part of the problem seems to be that the surface was not properly leveled and there were pools of water standing everywhere, apparently following a rain.