Volvo Car Thailand joins the HeForShe campaign

webfact

Volvo Car Thailand joins the HeForShe campaign

BANGKOK: -- HeForShe is a solidarity campaign for gender equality initiated by UN Women. Its goal is to engage men and boys as agents of change for the achievement of gender equality and women’s rights, by encouraging them to take action against inequalities faced by women and girls.

Volvo-HeForShe-Anette.jpg

Volvo Car Thailand, led by Managing Director Anette Andersson, is the first Swedish company to join the HeForShe campaign, spearhead in Thailand by the Embassy of Sweden. With 37 employees, Volvo Car Thailand is in an excellent position to help change the Thai working environment. Excited about the movement ever since she first heard about it, and finally a part of HeForShe, she is a strong supporter of gender equality in her own company.

“HeForShe campaign fits very well with Volvo Cars’ corporate ideas. At Volvo, we include people from diverse competencies, backgrounds, experiences and personalities because we believe that everyone should have the same rights and equality of opportunities regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, or social background. And diversity and inclusion is an important means to build innovative and inclusive global cultures and global organization,” says Ms. Anette Andersson.

Volvo-HeForShe.jpg

“We already have plans for how to implement actions against gender discrimination among the staff here and now have included gender equality education in the regular training given to the employees. We will also start looking at the employees’ contract of employment to see if there are any improvements to be made there. One change is already in motion; one of the male employees is just about to be the first ever in Volvo Thailand to go on paternity leave”

With all her dedication and inspiring work in the gender equality project, we think Ms. Anette Andersson will be a great role model in the HeForShe campaign, writes the Embassy of Sweden, Bangkok.

Source: http://scandasia.com/volvo-car-thailand-joins-the-heforshe-campaign/

sca.jpeg
-- (c) Copyright Scandasia 2016-02-19

I'll take any of this seriously when foreign women (inc Swedes driving Volvos) married to Thai males jump through the same financial hoops as the rest of us in order to remain in the Kingdom each year.

Having said that well done Volvo for a step in the right direction :)

Edited by evadgib

It will be better when you promote and hire women for non traditional jobs. Not to mention your photo shows women are no where near equal numbers as men in your retail work force.

It is however a great gesture to think gender equality and try to move forward.

It's bleeding heart liberalism.

I have never, and never would discriminate based on gender (or race), yet some folks think that everybody does.

It's perverse.

I once worked with a black guy that was as lazy as the day is long. I didn't like him and made no secret about that fact.

He called me prejudiced.

I told him "Hell yeah! I'm as prejudiced as they get against lazy people like you!"

He never said that again.

Edited by jaywalker

Ahh, the obnoxious quality rhetoric again.

Come again once your "equality movement" has gotten rid of all the persistent traditional perspectives about unfounded expectations and entitlement. Such as, including but not limited to...having to be proposed by a man, getting their dates paid for, not getting hit because vagina, lady's first, not be held accountable and whatever more nonesense we have.

It is _really_ difficult to treat people as equals when they can't carry themselves for shit and whine about everything and everybody. Work hard, earn yourself some respect and get where you want to go. Nothing is stopping you to become head of the state, CEO of whatever, starting a business or cleaning the sewers. Expect...it requires time, effort, dedication, thick skin and being able to handle pressure and criticism among many other things.

If you get your CEO whatever job through a quota (or being promoted because your best buddie etc) and not through dedicated work, there is no amount of "equality movement" you can produce that will stop making me look down on you if you got your position through bribes, laws, entitlement or whatever "non genuine" way. Exceptions obviously apply and are aimed at men just as much as for women.

And then, of course, it doesn't help you when feminism these days goes apeshit crazy. Censorship left and right, redefining words as they please, false accusations without repercussion, guilty until proven innocent but still have your life ruined either way, getting people fired for jokes....and all because of your feels. <deleted>. Right. Off.

Oh yea, and the oppressive patriarchy of course, because reasons.

As far as the article goes, nothing new to read here besides the "paternity leave"....which leaves the question....PAID leave though? Unfortunately one needs to even inquire such a thing these days.

Grow up and become an adult.

Once you have managed that, earn yourself some respect.

Then educate your face about those "male privileges" your supposedly don't have while not recognizing the ones you actually _do_ have more than men.

We shall talk again then.

Goddamn these topics get me riled up.

Ahh, the obnoxious quality rhetoric again.

Come again once your "equality movement" has gotten rid of all the persistent traditional perspectives about unfounded expectations and entitlement. Such as, including but not limited to...having to be proposed by a man, getting their dates paid for, not getting hit because vagina, lady's first, not be held accountable and whatever more nonesense we have.

It is _really_ difficult to treat people as equals when they can't carry themselves for shit and whine about everything and everybody. Work hard, earn yourself some respect and get where you want to go. Nothing is stopping you to become head of the state, CEO of whatever, starting a business or cleaning the sewers. Expect...it requires time, effort, dedication, thick skin and being able to handle pressure and criticism among many other things.

If you get your CEO whatever job through a quota (or being promoted because your best buddie etc) and not through dedicated work, there is no amount of "equality movement" you can produce that will stop making me look down on you if you got your position through bribes, laws, entitlement or whatever "non genuine" way. Exceptions obviously apply and are aimed at men just as much as for women.

And then, of course, it doesn't help you when feminism these days goes apeshit crazy. Censorship left and right, redefining words as they please, false accusations without repercussion, guilty until proven innocent but still have your life ruined either way, getting people fired for jokes....and all because of your feels. <deleted>. Right. Off.

Oh yea, and the oppressive patriarchy of course, because reasons.

As far as the article goes, nothing new to read here besides the "paternity leave"....which leaves the question....PAID leave though? Unfortunately one needs to even inquire such a thing these days.

Grow up and become an adult.

Once you have managed that, earn yourself some respect.

Then educate your face about those "male privileges" your supposedly don't have while not recognizing the ones you actually _do_ have more than men.

We shall talk again then.

Goddamn these topics get me riled up.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Could you imagine being married to the 'woman' in this article?

I'd rather listen to rap music all day or get hot needles shoved under my toenails.

I'd wager that the reason she's pissed off at the world has everything to do with her attitude, and nothing to do with her gender.

Same with people of color who cannot accept the fact that "I don't care what color you are".

They just make it all up in their minds, and the bleeding hearts (who cannot think) run with the idea.

It's perverse.

Edited by jaywalker

I'm already having the toughest time even considering getting married in the first place, a (radical) feminist would just make me go "Yep, no go, see ya".

As I've mentioned in another topic, I got a GF, but for the year we have been togehter now, the idea of getting married to her is drifting apart more and more, as a simple cost benefit analyzation isn't getting out of the red numbers, and I'm not exactly, or not entirely, referring to money itself but this love, sex, attitude, expectations, demands, entitlements and all those fancy things just don't line up properly to a result of even minor satisfication. Mind you this is my very first relationship too and I'd have nothing else to compare to except 3rd parties....but this just can't be it and I'll damned if this is the "everyday" experience for most people and they get married etc regardless of the facts.

I'd rather listen to rap music all day

The hurts lol, fortunately I've grown a wider taste and not exclusive to rap anymore, though still alot regardless...mostly because of them beats, I've got a hard time to actually listen to the lyrics of any song unless they keep annoyingly invading me left and right like that Meghan Trainwreck/Dear future husband.

But yea, Ludacris while driving is a story of my life though.

Same with people of color who cannot accept the fact that "I don't care what color you are".

Yes, just like it's "person of color" while "colored person" is offensive haha

Because Martin Luther Jr would've been so overly proud of those #blacklivesmatter stuff these days. Wonder how many spins he did in his coffin thus far.

But yea, we can see the equality in the heforshe slogan, because weforus would've been too much agency for women I guess. Google image, evolution female privilege, first picture, enjoy wink.png

I'm already having the toughest time even considering getting married in the first place, a (radical) feminist would just make me go "Yep, no go, see ya".

As I've mentioned in another topic, I got a GF, but for the year we have been togehter now, the idea of getting married to her is drifting apart more and more, as a simple cost benefit analyzation isn't getting out of the red numbers, and I'm not exactly, or not entirely, referring to money itself but this love, sex, attitude, expectations, demands, entitlements and all those fancy things just don't line up properly to a result of even minor satisfication. Mind you this is my very first relationship too and I'd have nothing else to compare to except 3rd parties....but this just can't be it and I'll damned if this is the "everyday" experience for most people and they get married etc regardless of the facts.

I'd rather listen to rap music all day

The hurts lol, fortunately I've grown a wider taste and not exclusive to rap anymore, though still alot regardless...mostly because of them beats, I've got a hard time to actually listen to the lyrics of any song unless they keep annoyingly invading me left and right like that Meghan Trainwreck/Dear future husband.

But yea, Ludacris while driving is a story of my life though.

Yes, just like it's "person of color" while "colored person" is offensive haha

Because Martin Luther Jr would've been so overly proud of those #blacklivesmatter stuff these days. Wonder how many spins he did in his coffin thus far.

But yea, we can see the equality in the heforshe slogan, because weforus would've been too much agency for women I guess. Google image, evolution female privilege, first picture, enjoy wink.png

You might try this suggestion as it is what I do when I am faced with a major decision concerning spending large sums of money. Open a spread sheet. One column titled pro and one titled con. Take your time over a couple of weeks and fill in each column. This will give you an idea of what to expect.