Finding Widow in Petchabun?

tubber

An acquaintances father was married to a woman in Petchabun and unfortunately his father died. His father was cremated and the ashes interned in a temple. My acquaintance would like to find the temple his father is interned in and try to contact his widow to get some personal effects back. What would be the best way to do this. Contact the local Amphur office in person (he has never been to Thailand and I am 500km away) or is there a private detective service even in Bangkok. Or some other way? Any help much appreciated.

I would hire a lawyer.Tell the lawyer where he lived and let the lawyer make some phone calls and take care of it. The son does know his fathers wife's name i hope.A lawyer should be able to get all the info on where he was cremated.He should also be able to get home address's.Perhaps even contact the widow and ask about the items the guy wants. If your friend doesnot speak thai he will have a hard time doing anything himself.

Also the embassy has to be notified so ask the embassy. Also the local police do the paper work they would know also.A lawyer could do all the work for sure.

If by Phetchabun you mean the town then it shouldn't be to difficult,Phetchabun is the name of the province also and is much larger meaning it could be more difficult.

A link to Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phetchabun_Province

Area • Total 12,668.4 km2 (4,891.3 sq mi) Area rank Ranked 9th Population (2014) • Total 995,807 • Rank Ranked 19th • Density 79/km2 (200/sq mi) • Density rank

Ranked 55th

There are 11 provinces

The province is subdivided in 11 districts (amphoe). These are further subdivided into 117 subdistricts (tambon) and 1261 villages (muban).

1. Mueang Phetchabun
  2. Chon Daen
  3. Lom Sak
  4. Lom Kao
  5. Wichian Buri
  6. Si Thep
  1. Nong Phai
  2. Bueng Sam Phan
  3. Nam Nao
  4. Wang Pong
  5. Khao Kho

If by Phetchabun you mean the town then it shouldn't be to difficult,Phetchabun is the name of the province also and is much larger meaning it could be more difficult.

Muang Petchabun. UK embassy are not the most helpful at the best of times but might be worth pursuing.

He could not be cremated legally with out a police report sent to the embassy. Every thing should be at the embassy.Embassy should have every thing you need.But all in Thai so really do need the lawyer like I said.

If embassy will not help. The police probably will keep report.

Archived