Gals from internet dating getting commission from restaurants?

atyclb

Maybe the just want to make sure your not some foreigner without money, or just a way to get rid of you without hurting your feelings.. (lets ask something impossible so he will say no and I dont have too)

Is that the barometer for 'foreigner with no money' then, one of the most expensive restaurants in town? :D

It's quite clearly a girl trying it on for a nice dinner. I doubt they get commission but they get a nice expensive meal, free and some photos for facebook.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since she's paying I'd say that's a damned good deal. What's that, a months salary for 1 meal? I think she's infatuated.

Otherwise I'd offer pizza for her and her chaperone friend, and maybe ice cream parlour afterwards. If that is not acceptable then eject.

Never let hookers order what they want.

You pay so you the boss.

Never let dirty old westerners take sexual advantage of you for 20 quid. It's your body, and the tight-fisted <deleted>***s could never get to sleep with a woman with your figure back home so make sure you get a decently priced meal out of them too. Oh, and make sure they book an expensive hotel too. None of this back to my 8k Baht a month studio room rubbish.

Why would you go on a date with anyone that insists on specifying a particular restaurant?

I think when a guy is new to Bangkok, he does not know his way around, so he asks his date to pick a nice restaurant.

I know that was what I did until I became more familiar with my way around Bangkok.

The first one took me on a riverboat on the Chao Phraya river which served nice meals.

thanx for many good replies. i agree with you. this gal alleges she is an engineer and even writes on profile meeting for coffee is not acceptable but it must be a quality restaurant.

i messaged her asking if she has a list of acceptable places. sirocco was the reply.

next i thought maybe she gets a commission? maybe she wants to get a free expensive meal? maybe she is a very bitter unhappy person and thinks her ego will be healed with expensive food?

maybe golden pussy syndrome?

She just wants to exploit you, pure and simple. Tell you'll take her there and you split the bill. See what she says.

An internet dating site ... in Bangkok? Are you serious?

There are bars in BKK where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a woman who could EASILY be a model back in Farangland!

You pay so you the boss.

Never let dirty old westerners take sexual advantage of you for 20 quid. It's your body, and the tight-fisted <deleted>***s could never get to sleep with a woman with your figure back home so make sure you get a decently priced meal out of them too. Oh, and make sure they book an expensive hotel too. None of this back to my 8k Baht a month studio room rubbish.

Haha, nice one

but are we going down the line of everyone on TF is a hooker then? Not sure that's entirely true, is it

Just make a time and appointment to go there. Follow it up with a SMS about 10 minutes before you're about to meet up saying traffic is bad you will be 20 minutes late. 25 minutes after than send another saying bad taxi took you to the wrong place. Please wait and order a drink while you get a new taxi. Then 30 minutes later say sorry your mom is sick you need to pai hospital.

I have seen this before I am not sure if its so much for the food or for the selfie at the restaurant so post for all their friends to see they are eating HiSo. Once prior to my getting married I had a TF girl want to meet me at Central World for Sushi. That was fine and the meal was not bad but the conversation revolved around her needing a new phone. An iPhone 4s (newest at the time) none the less. I shrugged it off and said you will have to save to be able to afford it. Her reply was yes unless you buy it for me!! So I said sure lets go. Went up to the apple shop and had her pick out the one she liked, she was excitedly talking to the sales guy. I excused my self with a quick " Katote krup bap numg, pourt tong mak pai hong man na " She smiled and said OK hurry na. I had quite the smirk on my face getting into the taxi going home whilst blocking her number.

Som Nam Na

Great one

An internet dating site ... in Bangkok? Are you serious?

There are bars in BKK where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a woman who could EASILY be a model back in Farangland!

Very few of the girls in Bangkok are tall enough to be models in the West.

The ones that are that tall? They're not girls...

You pay so you the boss.

Haha, nice one

but are we going down the line of everyone on TF is a hooker then? Not sure that's entirely true, is it

of course not! only 88% are hookers, 2% are ladyboys and the last 10% are nigerians who cant suss out that thais have brown eyes and dont live in yorkshire USA....

Thats overkill. But i had some girls in Phuket that always wanted to go to same place at night to play pool. They woud also take me on a tour through markets and both in market and on our way to there, they would go a tell me she want this and this etc. I instantly saw the good communication between owners and this girls . Later a LB (that became a good friend of mine) told me that they have special deals with shop owners and they go back next day to either cash in xx% or give back the cloths you bought them for a share. So yes theres clearly some good business there.

Just make a time and appointment to go there. Follow it up with a SMS about 10 minutes before you're about to meet up saying traffic is bad you will be 20 minutes late. 25 minutes after than send another saying bad taxi took you to the wrong place. Please wait and order a drink while you get a new taxi. Then 30 minutes later say sorry your mom is sick you need to pai hospital.

I have seen this before I am not sure if its so much for the food or for the selfie at the restaurant so post for all their friends to see they are eating HiSo. Once prior to my getting married I had a TF girl want to meet me at Central World for Sushi. That was fine and the meal was not bad but the conversation revolved around her needing a new phone. An iPhone 4s (newest at the time) none the less. I shrugged it off and said you will have to save to be able to afford it. Her reply was yes unless you buy it for me!! So I said sure lets go. Went up to the apple shop and had her pick out the one she liked, she was excitedly talking to the sales guy. I excused my self with a quick " Katote krup bap numg, pourt tong mak pai hong man na " She smiled and said OK hurry na. I had quite the smirk on my face getting into the taxi going home whilst blocking her number.

Som Nam Na

Or you could just say 'no'

Of course you could but where is the fun and educational experience in that. She can learn about the I-phone 4.

She may as well learn it from the salesman. If all her dates took her there she could soon learn

enough about Apple products to get a job there. tongue.png

NOTHING seems bizarre anymore when it comes to extracting baht from the farang's pocket...wallet...bank account, etc. Seems plausible and very probable. My solution would be to move on. First impressions are valuable lessons. vampire.gif

i sent her a polite message that dinner there could cost 1-3 weeks of a teachers salary in thailand. then i asked her if she feels comfortable having this dinner with someone she never met before. call it my dipstick for possible humanity, integrity, thoughtfulness or politeness, perhaps integrity ?

Think they do Op.. Took a girl to McDonalds on a first date and she got a discount on her Kbank card..

Didnt see her again after that... Think she just eanted points on her card..

Sent from my c64

Never let hookers order what they want.You pay so you the boss.

There is only one thing I want A hooker to eat. You wouldn't take a hooker out for dinner back home, why do it here, give her 50 baht for som tam if you must, she will appreciate that

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I have many farang friends who met their Thai partners, some now wives, on internet dating sites and they are very happy. I doubt that ALL Thai ladies on the sites are hookers, as one mate is with a lawyer and another an immigration officer. Others are with factory workers etc.

Some did mention that their first date was at a hi so restaurant, and found out later that this was ether to establish the guy was not a farang kii nok (cheap shxt) who was looking for a cheap lay, and not a long term relationship.... And/or...So that if the guy was genuine he would continue seeing her. Personnaly, I also think that some may have taken the opportunity to dine somewhere they otherwise would not be able to afford to. As for getting a commission, I think that would be extremely rare.

It used to be very common for restaurant and bar owners to kick back a percentage to the Thai female who was accompanied by a foreigner, Mrs CM knows to accept the offer and it helps offset our bill (in days gone by).

I'm thinking specifically of the restaurant/bars in Watgate along the river, along the side of it.

I would not be pleased if a restaurant thought my wife was a lady of negotiable virtue.

i too have seen many selfies at beer bars and or go go bars. IMO and experience many may not be "hookers" meaning they have not actually sold sex for money formally but it can seem TF is their alternative to selling it in bars or freelance discos and they dont even need to commute and/or wake up a certain time for work. it also seems a bargirl could be less hassle less costly than TF girls. TF girls largely dont seem to be relationship material either.

thanx for many good replies. i agree with you. this gal alleges she is an engineer and even writes on profile meeting for coffee is not acceptable but it must be a quality restaurant.

i messaged her asking if she has a list of acceptable places. sirocco was the reply.

next i thought maybe she gets a commission? maybe she wants to get a free expensive meal? maybe she is a very bitter unhappy person and thinks her ego will be healed with expensive food?

maybe golden pussy syndrome?

Maybe she wants to eliminate the cheapskates

It used to be very common for restaurant and bar owners to kick back a percentage to the Thai female who was accompanied by a foreigner, Mrs CM knows to accept the offer and it helps offset our bill (in days gone by).

I'm thinking specifically of the restaurant/bars in Watgate along the river, along the side of it.

I would not be pleased if a restaurant thought my wife was a lady of negotiable virtue.

You may not be pleased; however, what could or would you do about it?

On the very rare occasions when my Thai GF has been disrespected by an establishment, I have been quite happy to let her handle the situation, and enjoy the fireworks. There have been times a translation is not needed.biggrin.png

Som Nam Na

hong man?

He backed into the loo

You may not be pleased; however, what could or would you do about it?

On the very rare occasions when my Thai GF has been disrespected by an establishment, I have been quite happy to let her handle the situation, and enjoy the fireworks. There have been times a translation is not needed.biggrin.png

I'd find another place to eat.

They get kick backs from all types of places,Hotels,dentists,restaurants,and of course bars and who can blame them,think of yourself in situation "wat ya gonna do" in their situation"you don't have to be a smart arse clever dick......thairay whatever

girls from banks much better, but date one thats not in your bank, and never allow them to dictate

Yeah, finding a lady with a decent job is a good first step—banks, universities, hospitals, corporate offices. Just go into their offices and make inquiries about their products or services. I am an old university professor, going to universities and talking to people at the faculty of your discipline can uncover some nice faculty and students.

I really like Top Charoen optical. The staff are all in form-fitting white suits and are eager to talk, which makes them good hunting, but a nice-looking optician or optometrist may be the prizes.

Several years ago my son was here with a friend. They had done the bar scene and were looking for some nice girls. I took them to a Top Charoen I used to like—always found a reason to go back to have my glasses adjusted or just have them cleaned and jaw with the ladies. When we walked out, both lads had dates the next evening—note to novices: double dates may work easier, and laying down a little ground work doesn't hurt either.

There are so many ways to meet good women face to face and you don't have to spend anything to do so. That's why I just don't see finding a new girl on the internet. I guess I am hard to please. I won't buy anything on the internet unless I have used it, can thoroughly research it, or maybe if I have the recommendation of a respected friend to verify it.

A respectable Thai lady will always bring a friend/chaperon on the first few dates so a modest restaurant is in order (unless you have the money to throw around or don't care).

I think that is rather antiquated, but of course we may be in different dating age ranges. I have however got the friend who left before the date started once they found out I wasn't a weirdo with pics from 10+ years ago. It's hard to generalize because everyone's own experiences vary greatly.

girls from banks much better, but date one thats not in your bank, and never allow them to dictate

Yeah, finding a lady with a decent job is a good first step—banks, universities, hospitals, corporate offices. Just go into their offices and make inquiries about their products or services. I am an old university professor, going to universities and talking to people at the faculty of your discipline can uncover some nice faculty and students.

I really like Top Charoen optical. The staff are all in form-fitting white suits and are eager to talk, which makes them good hunting, but a nice-looking optician or optometrist may be the prizes.

Several years ago my son was here with a friend. They had done the bar scene and were looking for some nice girls. I took them to a Top Charoen I used to like—always found a reason to go back to have my glasses adjusted or just have them cleaned and jaw with the ladies. When we walked out, both lads had dates the next evening—note to novices: double dates may work easier, and laying down a little ground work doesn't hurt either.

There are so many ways to meet good women face to face and you don't have to spend anything to do so. That's why I just don't see finding a new girl on the internet. I guess I am hard to please. I won't buy anything on the internet unless I have used it, can thoroughly research it, or maybe if I have the recommendation of a respected friend to verify it.

The nice ladies at the shop you mentioned completed my eye exam with my contacts in and told me I didn't need glasses. This is after I told them my prescription was -9.0. Clearly not the brightest women on the planet. I walked in the shop without a seeing eye dog...

A friends father told me when I was young that on the first date take her for a donut. He said best way to find out what she is interested in.. You quickly find out which ones are shallow and which ones are real.

"loveomask" is absolutely right. Those girls who ask for an expensive dinner, looking for expensive dinner only. Most probably will go for next hunted man day after. It has happened to me once 8 years ago and I learn my lesson after. Last year I dumped a girl a few moments after first meeting ( she showed up with her friend for lunch and they already had the idea about the restaurant.

Don't spoil or try to impress this kind of girls. They are just hunters and they think that they are very smart.

I met a nice lady 8 months ago. She owns a Japanese restaurant and we eat often in her own restaurant at no cost. This a true Thai lady. No looking for materialistic (smart ass) ideas.

The nice ladies at the shop you mentioned completed my eye exam with my contacts in and told me I didn't need glasses. This is after I told them my prescription was -9.0. Clearly not the brightest women on the planet. I walked in the shop without a seeing eye dog...

I doubt you walked into the shop I mentioned, there are literally hundreds of Top Charoen stores. Please note, I made no guarantee of their professional capabilities and I said the opticians and optometrists were the prize, not the staff.

Archived