Newlyweds halt their honeymoon to rescue helpless stray puppy on Koh Chang

webfact

Newlyweds halt their honeymoon to rescue helpless stray puppy on Koh Chang
STAFF WRITER

ozzie-dog-funding4.jpg
Meet Ozzie

KOH CHANG: -- Three-month old Ozzie limped into the lives of newlyweds Nicole Marchment and Darren Budini while they were honeymooning on Koh Chang, Thailand last October.

The young pup had been hit by a scooter and was in dire need of medical attention.

“We took him back to our accommodation while we made enquiries about vets, bathed him, pulled 26 ticks from his little body and splinted his leg with ice-cream sticks,” Ms Marchment told The Daily Mail.

Unfortunately, the vet services on Koh Chang were limited and unable to provide Ozzie with the medical care he needed.

So, the newlyweds vowed to put their honeymoon on hold and drove Ozzie 6 hours to Pattaya on the Thai mainland in order to have surgery. He had a metal rod inserted into his injured leg and stayed at the Pattaya Animal Hospital for two months to recover. Although Ms Marchment and Mr Budini were back in their native Australia at this point, they were doing everything they could to find the pup a ‘forever home’ in Thailand – sadly, without any luck.

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/newlyweds-halt-their-honeymoon-to-rescue-helpless-stray-puppy-on-koh-chang/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-02-23

Even the Vietnamese would not have that mutt on their plates.

And from the article there is a photo of Misses sleeping with the mangy mutt. ,"Ozzies first sleep in a proper bed".

Budini needs to man-up on this.

"How was your honeymoon, Bud?"

"Terrible, the sheila kicked me out and slept with a tick-ridden ugly as hell dog"

Even the Vietnamese would not have that mutt on their plates.

And from the article there is a photo of Misses sleeping with the mangy mutt. ,"Ozzies first sleep in a proper bed".

Budini needs to man-up on this.

"How was your honeymoon, Bud?"

"Terrible, the sheila kicked me out and slept with a tick-ridden ugly as hell dog"

Was this really posted by a pig's a**se?

this is a new fashion trend in the uk now since most fashionistas realised that adopting war babies was inconvieniant as they had to stick with it for at least 18 years. trends dont tend to last that long so dragging random ugly mutts across the plannet so they can brag about them at the school gates is the IN thing right now. plus the dog can be palmed off onto the local dogs home (which are packed FULL with homeless mutts but have no 'hero status' at the school gates cos anyone can have a local homeless dog, innit? ) when the trend ends.

meanwhile the dog, whos genetically suited to a hot climate enjoys a great life freezing to death while locked up in a back yard. nice.

Edited by tomyumchai

Note to self: Must not, must not, must not let my lovely kind hearted Wife read this. Already have three dogs and think one more would be a dog too far folks! She even rescued a calf from the slaughter house by paying them 20,000 baht and arranged for it to be taken care of by a kind, but poor Farmer. She even buys dog food and takes it to the Temples for the dogs there and if she sees some strays on the street, lo and behold, we screetch to a halt at the nearest convenience store and buy some sandwiches...............for the dogs. Bless her.

My wife does the same robertson468. We have six dogs and still feed strays, donate food to the temple for dogs, and buy up to eight buffalo calves to save them from the abattoir.

There are some wonderful Thais around - and then there are some absolute a...holes. Same anywhere. But, no matter how kind some are, the barstool commandos here still have to put in their childish and boorish comments...

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

Note to self: Must not, must not, must not let my lovely kind hearted Wife read this. Already have three dogs and think one more would be a dog too far folks! She even rescued a calf from the slaughter house by paying them 20,000 baht and arranged for it to be taken care of by a kind, but poor Farmer. She even buys dog food and takes it to the Temples for the dogs there and if she sees some strays on the street, lo and behold, we screetch to a halt at the nearest convenience store and buy some sandwiches...............for the dogs. Bless her.

What you have to remember is your wife does this with a kind heart and your

generous/understanding wallet. The couple above have started a crowd funding

campaign to pay all expenses. I am more cynical than I should be but if you want

to do these kind of things that's great, good for you. But asking for other people to

donate smacks of the 90% of NGO's that are in it for the "greater good" ie.

good for the project-good for me. coffee1.gif

The dog really isn't ugly. He must be mangy or something at that stage. Following the whole story has pictures, and also gives a link to the crowd funding page. He's pretty normal looking other than his leg. He's in the USA getting treatment.

post-164212-0-63116200-1456548132_thumb.

Edited by NeverSure

My wife does the same robertson468. We have six dogs and still feed strays, donate food to the temple for dogs, and buy up to eight buffalo calves to save them from the abattoir.

There are some wonderful Thais around - and then there are some absolute a...holes. Same anywhere. But, no matter how kind some are, the barstool commandos here still have to put in their childish and boorish comments...

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

She is making merit so in the next life she will be born into a family with higher status and maybe as a man if lucky. (A mixture of Buddhism, local beliefs and the hierarchical structure of Asian societies - your wife's behaviour, as you detailed, and aspirations are very common amongst her peers - age, gender, social status)

2 rolls of duct tape and 2 splints (with bits of the splint sticking out as a wooden paw)... I sorted the local dog out that got his leg smashed...

total cost

50 baht?

$25k gofundme?

insane.

That's a new wing on an orphanage here

Edited by whiterussian