Immigration check

petedk

My friend has just been interviewed regarding a teaching position at a government university and he has been given the job "on the condition that he passes an immigration check."

He asked them what that was, how long it would take and so on but they couldn't answer. This was a new requirement and they have never done it before.

Does anyone know anything about this or have experience with it?

Perhaps they are referring to the Police "clearance" certificate which will be needed to obtain a "B" visa and work permit ?

Is that some new requirement they have yet to put in writing? Because i never heard of it and anything resembling that police check was that it was the schools responsibility to verify prospective employees. Not immigrations

Perhaps they are referring to the Police "clearance" certificate which will be needed to obtain a "B" visa and work permit ?

Is that some new requirement they have yet to put in writing? Because i never heard of it and anything resembling that police check was that it was the schools responsibility to verify prospective employees. Not immigrations

Visas are not obtained from "immigrations"(sic)

Oh yes they can be obtained from Immigration.

A visa has to be obtained outside the country as it allows the holder to enter the country.

Could be, but he been teaching in Thailand since about 1999 and has a Police "clearance" from 2000.

I asked the Head of Department today and she said it was a new requirement, but she doesn't know the details.

A visa has to be obtained outside the country as it allows the holder to enter the country.
uhh NO! It doesn't. I had 2 jobs get my visa changed to a non b visa at the immigration office in Bangkok done by the school.And without my leaving the country. They can stamp it changed

"A visa has to be obtained outside the country as it allows the holder to enter the country. " - As has already been pointed out, you are wrong. Please don't post incorrect information.

:-)

I'm not wrong. You are.

I have a Single entry Non-B in my passport that was issued by Immigration at Chaeng Wattana - trust me, you are wrong !

"A visa has to be obtained outside the country as it allows the holder to enter the country. " - As has already been pointed out, you are wrong. Please don't post incorrect information.

:-)

I'm not wrong. You are.

I have a Single entry Non-B in my passport that was issued by Immigration at Chaeng Wattana - trust me, you are wrong !

Yeah and I have a stamped non b visa from the same place.

uhh NO! It doesn't. I had 2 jobs get my visa changed to a non b visa at the immigration office in Bangkok done by the school.And without my leaving the country. They can stamp it changed

Changing a visa and having one issued are not the same thing.

Changing a visa and having one issued are not the same thing.
pointless to argue with you since you seem to have all the answers. It's irrelevant what I know for sure was done by my school

About ten years ago, I was given clearance by the police in the UK to obtain the B visa.

I was told it would take up to 40 days.

Why would you think the school could or should do an immigration/police check? The school should indeed require such a check, but it would have to be the immigration/police to do so.

I would imagine this is just another enforcement of existing rules or a good idea if the rule does not exist. Remember, the pedophile teachers and suspected entry of terrorists in the news recently. There may also be persons being sought by police from other countries, or simply persons on overstay. Certainly, a police check should be done on all teachers, should it not--we are entrusting our children to them.

Thai: he has been given the job "on the condition that he passes an immigration check."

English: he's got the job unless they find someone better. If they do, they'll use the immigration check fail excuse.

hmmm this is the new professional pimping for commission. I see.... well good luck. So now Immigration does also check on employment. thats really interesting.... when half of them cannot even read in english let alone respond to a simple question. Velly Goote, I thai vil far ind A positian for you... how much u pay... ok... I talk

People like (sunnyjim5 and brewsterbudgen) replying that visas can only be obtained outside of Thailand are dead wrong!

On Jan 13, 2015 I came into Thailand on a 30 day visa exempt valid until Feb 12, 2015.

With at least 15 days remaining I went to immagration at Chaing Wattana Bangkok and

applied for a: Non-Immigrant Visa

( Immagration Bureau)

Dated Jan 15, 2015

Immediately it was stamped USED

Then immagration put another stamp in my passport:

Non O Retirement

(Immagration Bureau)

Jan 15, 2015 until April 14, 2015. (3 months)

Before April 14, 2015 I went back to immagration and received another stamp

saying I can stay in the Kingdom until April 14, 2016.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs issues visas through embassies and consulates.

Immigration is part of the Royal Thai Police and decides whether people with, or without, visas can enter the country and whether their visas can be extended (permission to stay).

I guess Immigration can only extend a tourist visa based on employment by calling the extension a non-immigrant B. I don't think they issue a 'new' visa.

Immigration is part of the Royal Thai Police and decides whether people with, or without, visas can enter the country and whether their visas can be extended (permission to stay).

I guess Immigration can only extend a tourist visa based on employment by calling the extension a non-immigrant B. I don't think they issue a 'new' visa.

What a visa is has been explained many times, but some seem to deliberately confuse the actions taken in-country by Immigration and the role of out of country consulates and embassies.

This is so wrong in so many ways.

Visas are not extended.

Extensions are not visas

And yes they do issue you with a new visa.

Regarding police and criminal background checks along with reference checks, none are done. It's again, a face issue. If someone the school wanted to hire "failed" such a check, face would be lost. Luckily not many pedos and the rest end up with the children, but it does happen. I suppose that's true in other countries as well. I know at least one Thai school which allows foreigners to spank the students with their infamous hickory sticks. When you start filming it, it of course ceases. With today's phones and the facebook's of the world, such antics have declined. Once a "teacher" knows he/she will be on facebook spanking/swatting a child he/she gets scared. Payback is a bitch sometimes.

Regarding police and criminal background checks along with reference checks, none are done. It's again, a face issue. If someone the school wanted to hire "failed" such a check, face would be lost. Luckily not many pedos and the rest end up with the children, but it does happen. I suppose that's true in other countries as well. I know at least one Thai school which allows foreigners to spank the students with their infamous hickory sticks. When you start filming it, it of course ceases. With today's phones and the facebook's of the world, such antics have declined. Once a "teacher" knows he/she will be on facebook spanking/swatting a child he/she gets scared. Payback is a bitch sometimes.

But they are needed to obtain an initial Non-B visa;

For those who are a teacher or trainer in a public or private institution in the country.

The document must include accompanying visas.

1. A certificate of employment (In the form of the Department of Employment. Ministry of labour) Download Forms
  2. A copy of the employment contract (The start date of employment. The date of submission of the application for a visa. Or after the approved visa, etc.).
  3. Chartered Institute of Educational Institutions
  4. Proof of qualification
  5. Evidence of a criminal background check by the police.
  6. A copy of the work permit And tax returns of aliens (If you've ever worked in Thailand).
  7. Certificate of Education (the employer), the Royal Thai Embassy in Vientiane with a copy of the signed certificate.
  8. additional documents

For those who are a teacher or trainer in a public or private institution in the country.

1. A certificate of employment (In the form of the Department of Employment. Ministry of labour) Download Forms
  2. A copy of the employment contract (The start date of employment. The date of submission of the application for a visa. Or after the approved visa, etc.).
  3. Chartered Institute of Educational Institutions
  4. Proof of qualification
  5. Evidence of a criminal background check by the police.
  6. A copy of the work permit And tax returns of aliens (If you've ever worked in Thailand).
  7. Certificate of Education (the employer), the Royal Thai Embassy in Vientiane with a copy of the signed certificate.
  8. additional documents

7 and 8 ????

• A certificate of employment (In the form of the Department of Employment. Ministry of labour) Download Forms
  • A copy of the employment contract (The start date of employment. The date of submission of the application for a visa. Or after the approved visa, etc.).
  • Chartered Institute of Educational Institutions
  • Proof of qualification
  • Evidence of a criminal background check by the police.
  • A copy of the work permit And tax returns of aliens (If you've ever worked in Thailand).
  • Certificate of Education (the employer), the Royal Thai Embassy in Vientiane with a copy of the signed certificate.
  • additional documents
7 and 8 ????

Ok. I have just seen the letter that I mentioned in the first post.

It says that ALL new employed teachers must pass an immigration check before they can be employed.

There are no details as to what they have to do.

It doesn't say anything about whether they have a non-immigrant B or not.

So now the admin is running around in circles trying to find out what to do.

Archived