New rule ? Extension Non-O 1 year: today > 6 months bank statment required

I just come back for a 1 year Non-O extension Visa in Jomtien.

First my 3 month bank statment has been refused by the officer.

They asked me a statment from my bank older than 6 months (from Jully 2015 untill today 23 february 2016).

I came back with a > 7 month bank's statment and everything was fine :)

Extension based on retirement? Marriage? What financial method? Income? Only bank account?

Marriage but still a non-o visa as the "retirement 50 yo" visa.

And based on "bank account", the balance amount you can not go below for 3 (now 6?) months.

Edited by Spellforce

Extension based on retirement? Marriage? What financial method? Income? Only bank account?

True.

So what financial method?

Based on "bank account", the balance amount you can not go below for 3 (now 6?) months.

OK, now we're getting somewhere.

So what kind of account?

Don't you just have a passbook savings account?

Why did you even need statements at all?

People with passbooks just show copies of the passbook.

Seasoning rules haven't changed.

This is an enforcement / showing evidence policy type thing and it may or may not be very relevant to extenders in general.

Which is why I'm trying to get more details from you about the account.

It's not very weird to need to show 6 months of a passbook. Some offices might want to see the whole year.

Edited by Jingthing

True.

So what financial method?

Based on "bank account", the balance amount you can not go below for 3 (now 6?) months.

For an extension based upon marriage the money only has to be in the bank for 2 months. You do not need to have the 400k baht in the bank for 6 months. The extra months are only to see if you had any activity during the months before the 2 months. I have heard of some offices wanting copies of every page of the bank book.

• Like 1

Thank you all.

Reading you... I see that I forgot to say that my Bank Book has not been updated since Jully 2015.

When I updated my book this morning, their computer summurized 7 months in only 1 line.

That's why I asked my bank to give me a 3 months statment.

OK what I should have done is:

- update my bank book 3 months ago

- this morning if I'd updated my B. book, they would have printed all the operation with updated balances

Every year I' m learning something, one more time thank you all :)

PS: a 3 months statment should have been enough, but the immigration officers are not working in a bank. They follow a "template": Letter from the bank + Bank Book updated the last 3 months. That's ok :)

• Like 1

Regardless of what the rules are, at my last Non O extension (which was not my first) the IO required 3 months (not 2) of 400k and required both a letter and a stamped statement from the bank to this effect - not just scans of the bank book (which I had updated 3 months prior and technically should have been fine)

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Regardless of what the rules are, at my last Non O extension (which was not my first) the IO required 3 months (not 2) of 400k and required both a letter and a stamped statement from the bank to this effect - not just scans of the bank book (which I had updated 3 months prior and technically should have been fine)

Sound like the Phuket immigration office. As far a I know they are the only one that says that.