Metered taxi from Phuket Airport to Patong?

Nayet

37 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I'm not sure what you describe. There was no longer a taxi stand at the southern part of the lover part of the airport, the arrival area. 

Interesting ... I guess we will have to wait for other recently arrived members to chime in ...

9 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Interesting ... I guess we will have to wait for other recently arrived members to chime in ...

That sounds good way to get mutual understanding, not trust, but common understanding. 

The Taxi Meter stand is now one of the round tables to the right when you exit the airport. Towards where the old meter box as seen in the picture posted was. It's a round table like the other taxis. I used it this week and they turned on the meter without fuss.

18 hours ago, Flying Clog said:

They ALWAYS use the meter. It's the fare plus 100 (airport surcharge), so about 400 to Chergntalay area all up for a 20 minute ride. I guess that's not cheap, but it's as cheap as it's going to get.

Went to a wedding in Ayuttaya. The taxi fare from Don Muang to Ayuttaya was around 400 Bt. A distance of around 60 kilometres.