Can she lose 10 year visa?

It can be up to 10 years - 10 years appears to be the normal validity.

There is no requirement to use or not use - each visit will be of a limited period but you would not lose visa for not using it. Also if you obtain new passport the visa remains valid - just show it in the old passport to use.

Immigration officers generally grant permission for the visitor to remain in the United States for the amount of time needed to accomplish the purpose of their visit. Holders of tourist visas are usually allowed to stay six months or shorter. Remember that you must depart the U.S. on or before the date indicated on your admission stamp unless you have requested an extension of your stay and was approved by USCIS.

http://blogs.usembassy.gov/philippines/length-of-stay-in-the-united-states/comment-page-1/

Thanks.

Is there a minimum you have to stay out of the country. Or could you go to Mexico and return the next day for 6 months?

When I used my UK passport without a visa (visa waiver entitlement), I would invariably get the maximum permissible stay duration of 90-days. When I used the other UK passport that had a 10-year B1/B2 visa, I would invariably be asked what I was visiting for and/or how long as I was planning on staying and the permitted to stay date would reflect this. Never got a 6-month allowance.

About 10 years ago, I used to flip passports in Cancun, Cozumel or Monterrey; fly out of the US late afternoon and return the following morning. Never tried a same passport re-entry but since they now have loads more sanction to check loads more data on each persons re-entry, why waive the red cape at the bull?

Thanks.

Is there a minimum you have to stay out of the country. Or could you go to Mexico and return the next day for 6 months?

Absolutely not. Time spent in Me will be counted as US time. She has to return to Thailand.

So would have to return to Thailand but does not have to be out of America for any set time. Correct?

My wife has a ten year visa. She is allowed to enter the US for 6 months after which she has to depart and not return for 6 months or more. She does not have to return to Thailand she can go any where that allows Thais, Bahamas as an example.

Edited by khwaibah

Thanks! But now I am confused.

This has opened my eyes, my Thai partner applied and got a 10 year visa last year, along with her UK visa, we traveled to the USA.

We will be back in the UK this summer. If we decide to make another USA trip, what are the requirements for her to do so.

So yes, she can loose the visa if she breaches the conditions of her visa. ie. stays longer

than six months, is caught working, commits a felony etc...... coffee1.gif

Edited by Ulic

Is there a set "limited period" she can be in America? 1 month? 3 months?

Thanks for the great info. Now to work to get that visa!!!!

I believe that the visa holder can remain in the United States for up to 6 months.

If the visa holder wants to remain for longer than 6 months, they must submit a request to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS [actually, in think the name has changed a little]) asking to remain longer than 6 months. INS will want to know how you plan on supporting yourself, as well as other information.

There is no guarantee that you will be allowed to stay longer than 6 months, but even if your request is denied, your visa will still be valid and you can return again later.

If someone has better information, or more accurate information, please correct my post,

Is there an actual rule on how long the visa holder must remain outside of the US after being there?

I think it is self explanatory. In any given year, in the country less than 6 months. So if she goes and stays 3 months, she can come again and stay -3 months. I am sure there is some leeway, but I woundn't try to stay 5 months, leave for one, and then try and stay another 5months.