Best Dental Options In Chiang Mai?

fruittbatt

A friend of a friend from Australia has asked for recommendations to dentists in Chiang Mai.

My experience is limited to Dr. Pramote and the Chiang Mai Ram's dental hospital. While CMR's fillings were brilliant, there were serious problems with a crown (Dr Pramote) and a subsequent extraction (Chiang Mai Ram). I still have trigeminal nerve damage from the extraction done in February at CMR.

I do not know precisely what this man needs by way of dental work, except that it is extensive and serious. I am reluctant to recommend either of the above clinics because of my experiences.

The criteria for this man are that the dentist be VERY GOOD and that the treatment should be AFFORDABLE rather than rip-off western tourist prices.

I will direct him to this site and would be very grateful for the input of anyone who can recommend good, affordable Chiang Mai dentists from first-hand experience of serious dental work. :o

Edited by fruittbatt

A friend of a friend from Australia has asked for recommendations to dentists in Chiang Mai.

My experience is limited to Dr. Pramote and the Chiang Mai Ram's dental hospital. While CMR's fillings were brilliant, there were serious problems with a crown (Dr Pramote) and a subsequent extraction (Chiang Mai Ram). I still have trigeminal nerve damage from the extraction done in February at CMR.

I do not know precisely what this man needs by way of dental work, except that it is extensive and serious. I am reluctant to recommend either of the above clinics because of my experiences.

The criteria for this man are that the dentist be VERY GOOD and that the treatment should be AFFORDABLE rather than rip-off western tourist prices.

I will direct him to this site and would be very grateful for the input of anyone who can recommend good, affordable Chiang Mai dentists from first-hand experience of serious dental work. :o

Dental Land off Nimmenheamin Rd, English spoken, top quality.

Grace Dental Clinic. Maybe more expensive but wonderful service, better equipement and professionalism than I've seen in any country.

Grace Clinic is definetely the best I have been to by far. Many people there had flown specifically just to use their dental services. I had a root canal and crown done there and then had it checked by my usual dentist in the UK, he told me it was excellent work.

Grace Dental Clinic. Maybe more expensive but wonderful service, better equipement and professionalism than I've seen in any country.

Grace Clinic is definetely the best I have been to by far. Many people there had flown specifically just to use their dental services. I had a root canal and crown done there and then had it checked by my usual dentist in the UK, he told me it was excellent work.

Should it be ranked above CM Dental Hospital? Or are they on a par with each other? This isn't a theoretical question; I'm going to be choosing between them in the near future for implants.

Should it be ranked above CM Dental Hospital? Or are they on a par with each other? This isn't a theoretical question; I'm going to be choosing between them in the near future for implants.

It's a problem comparing two good places - we tend to switch only when we have some kind of negative experience (bad work, rip-off cost). I can only speak for Grace - for root canal work, crown, 3-tooth bridge, cleaning and whitening...... absolutely faultless and filled me with confidence about their approach and expertise. The same applies to the cost aspect; I'm well aware that there are cheaper places, but getting serious dental work is just an occasional thing for me - so I'll go where it feels rightest. That said, I was given cost options and informative, sensible advice to help me decide; at no time did I feel that I was being seduced into having more done or choosing a "luxury" option and thus spending more than was necessary.

Would it be out of the question to get both to quote/estimate for the work - perhaps needing just an initial examination with X-ray?

• 2 weeks later...