Private Eye Magazine - Where Can You Buy Now

bkkandrew

This magazine used to be stocked at Asia Books on Sukhumvit between Sois 7-15. They have not stocked it for over a year and, despite me asking many times, seem not to be interesrted in doing so. Does anyone know anywhere in Bangkok that sells it?

Edited by bkkandrew

Villa at Soi 33 also sells it, at least when I last checked a few months ago.

Na - keep looking there when I pop in for a few bits. May have simply sold out I guess.. Will check later,

Cheers :o

I am sure they still sell it, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Not with the main magazines near the tills, but with the newspapers at the end.

Private Eye is available from Bookazine, {most branches} but it nearly always arrives at the end of the fortnight's validity. It's also tucked away with the newspapers rather than the magazines.

Regards

/edit capitalisation //

Edited by A_Traveller

Just imagine for a moment ... A Thai version of Private Eye....

Now think..... Thai Spitting Image.

They'd have a field day... until they got themselves shot.

Actually, they have had a political satire here, even screened on TV, the "Sapha Joke" (joke parliament). It was very successful. Chavalit as a dottering old fart was especially funny.

Edited by ColPyat

Why not get a subscription? I used to subscribe from HK and got the issues by airmail quicker than they arrived in the shops over there. I saved a bundle too.

If you haven't got a CC, you can ask someone in the UK to "gift" a sub to you over here instead.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/

Not as easy as that for me. I live 2-weeks here, 2-weeks UK, so every other issue I buy from UK..

Thanks though, I had considered this and just binning the duplicates..

Actually, they have had a political satire here, even screened on TV, the "Sapha Joke" (joke parliament). It was very successful. Chavalit as a dottering old fart was especially funny.

Just out of interest, how long did it last?[

Just out of interest, how long did it last?[

It lasted until the coup.

Villa at Soi 33 also sells it, at least when I last checked a few months ago.

Na - keep looking there when I pop in for a few bits. May have simply sold out I guess.. Will check later,

Cheers :o

I am sure they still sell it, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Not with the main magazines near the tills, but with the newspapers at the end.

You know you are actually quite correct - went there this evening and saw one copy tucked in with the "Sun" etc. Trouble was it was the out-of-date one, same as at Bookazine in Grasorn, Chitlom. The one that expires on 12th October... :D

Did not make it to Silom, nor the other places as have to fly tomorrow and was busy...

What a shame, I always find the the "Eye" makes flights go more smoothly. The only problem is my giggling at my favorite bits, when other passengers wonder what I am laughing about! :D

Thanks for all the pointers though!