Advice Please

I own a property through a company. A couple of weeks ago the lawyer who takes care of the accounts requested a copy of my passport, said the tax authorities needed to verify my ID. I now have a request to send a scanned copy of my Chanote in Colour, as the auditors need to verify I still hold it.

Does this sound normal ? Anyone else been asked for similar.

Thanks

David

Yes thanks, I am going to hold fire until he explains what exactly it is needed for. I have had the house 8 years, and never been asked for it before. I will watermark it.

Does anyone know how easy it is to check the registration details of a property at the land office, check all is as expected - is there a website ?

Pays to be paranoid.

It's easy to check but most people have to do it in person. The land office has a form to complete for "research". You tell them the piece of land you are interested in (they have maps for you to use to locate the land). Once you have done that they print out the current details which include land size, appraised value and the owners details.

There is a small fee for this service. For a few baht more they will copy the chanote for you too.

Anyone can do this. The company I work for does it fairly often. We do it to find the true owner of land that is for sale to enable us to cut out the useless (and expensive) agents.