Snake attack! Feisty Thai king cobra ready to pounce on British photographer

webfact

Snake attack! Feisty Thai king cobra ready to pounce on British photographer
By Coconuts Bangkok

snake1_0.jpg
A Thai king cobra was photographed in Krabi province. Photo: Tom Charlton

KRABI: -- This frightening shot of a Thai king cobra about to attack was captured by a British photographer in Krabi province, but thankfully he lived to tell the tale and share this photo with the internet.

Photographer Tom Charlton from Gloucestershire was lucky enough to not get attacked by the Thai king cobra after several attempts to capture a perfect shot of the majestic serpent.

Tom described the experience on Facebook: "Had a lot of fun photographing the Thai king cobra that we caught in Krabi province, south Thailand a few nights ago. It took a while to settle, but eventually posed to perfection. We then released it around 200 meters from where it was caught. So awesome!"

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/02/26/snake-attack-feisty-thai-king-cobra-ready-pounce-british-photographer

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-02-26

Remember Steve....the guy who got spiked in the heart while filming/playing with a Sting Ray? You might be better off filming gophers.

Careful...venom and cameras are like drinking and driving.

Officially it is said that as Steve Irwin swam over the stingray, the stingray reacted as if being attacked by a shark. In chest deep water, the ray felt boxed in and defensively reacted. But also at the time it was said that a photographers flash nearby also made the ray react.

So many snakes, so few recipes..... I once had a snake soup in HK, still remember the taste....

Texas Western Diamondback Rattlesnake fried or Bar-B-Que is great.In Minburi Thailand area code 10510 there is a small restaurant near my condo that keeps live cobras for guest to eat.You pick your snake and the owner will kill and cook it up for you to your taste.Ask for the tour in the back of the place.

Remember Steve....the guy who got spiked in the heart while filming/playing with a Sting Ray? You might be better off filming gophers.

Steve made it a habit to claim that he had never been envenomated while working with snakes. But, different species, and one screw up, and the rest is history.

So many snakes, so few recipes..... I once had a snake soup in HK, still remember the taste....

Good or bad?

I wouldn't kill anything for fun (recently caught and released and monocled cobra from my garden) but happy to eat things as long as they aren't endangered,

I hear cobra is pretty tasty, like rattlesnake, but better.

Officially it is said that as Steve Irwin swam over the stingray, the stingray reacted as if being attacked by a shark. In chest deep water, the ray felt boxed in and defensively reacted. But also at the time it was said that a photographers flash nearby also made the ray react.

I used to watch that asshat molest plenty of animals. I would say to myself, what the hell is this guy doing. Well he got what he deserved. You can film from a distance and teach people. No need for his molesting of the animals.

Archived