VDO: A young cop praised by netizens for his heroic exploit

rooster59

VDO: A young cop praised by netizens for his heroic exploit

post-247607-0-41816000-1456523615_thumb.

SARABURI: Netizens have heaped praise upon a young police non-commissioned officer whose hot pursuit of a motorist who jumped a police roadblock was videotaped in a camera he bought and was attached to his police cap.

The officer’s courageous exploit was revealed today (Friday) in a message posted in the Facebook page of Pol Sgt-Maj Yutthaphol Srisompong, aka Johny the Indy lawman.

He wrote: “This is the policeman who was seen in this clip. His police spirit, dedication and strategy are correct. He has displayed police honour to the society – that there are still good policemen around who are ready to sacrifice for the people to get rid of the outlaws.”

The incident took place at a police roadblock in front of Wat Saphan Chang, Ban More district of Saraburi where Pol Lance Corporal Seksant Phukhiew, attached to Ban More police station, was manning the roadblock with a few other policemen.

A Toyota sedan with licence plate 3กฬ 6745 Bangkok approached the roadblock and the driver and the driver then breached the roadblock and sped away prompting Seksant to grab his motorbike and gave chase.

Finally, Seksant drew his pistol and fired at the wheel of the Toyota forcing the driver to stop. A subsequent search of the car uncovered a 9mm automatic pistol with fully-packed magazine in the chamber and a small amount of Ice.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152591

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-27

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He fired his gun at a moving vehicle while riding his bike? If that's true, that is <deleted> stupid.

Surely he fired when the vehicle was at rest?

I saw the video, he first fired several shots while dismounted, and blew the rear tire out of commission, and later on the video shot 3-4 rounds while driving parallel to the car, quite slow speed, trying to get the driver side front wheel as well.

I watched the video. Its not too often I praise Thai cops but this guy did his job.

It was good to see these two GRUBS out of the car and on the ground.

I hope the cops give them both a good touch up back at the station.

These two had no respect for another human life and should be taught a lesson.

I have watched his helmet video of this chase... He was certainly brave ... But also really crazy at such high speeds, dust and other awful traffic conditions. He shot At the moving vehicle several times!

Edited by 1happykamper

Hi ho silver bloody idiot firing a gun from a moving motorbike at a moving car.

Passers by could have quite easily have been killed.

Would he have been hailed a hero then?

And again. .There's always the sad miserable detractors...

I jump on all kinds of Thai issues regularly, but I also try to give credit where it's due lest I become a standard bigot. This guy seems to have done a fairly decent job with fairly good accuracy as well.

Perhaps the most questionable safety concern would have been his own safety while riding in the dirt storm created by the fleeing car.

Pretty good job and surely required skills most of us do not have. Maybe he's one of the good ones.

Funny how many on here are quick to condemn the police but when one policemen takes the initiative and does something you all again criticize. The guy did a good job give him credit for that. None of the readers here were present so don't actually know the situation. When something positive happens stop giving all this negativity

He fired his gun at a moving vehicle while riding his bike? If that's true, that is <deleted> stupid.

There's always the sad miserable detractors...

You don't think firing at a moving vehicle is dangerous?

I jump on all kinds of Thai issues regularly, but I also try to give credit where it's due lest I become a standard bigot. This guy seems to have done a fairly decent job with fairly good accuracy as well.

Perhaps the most questionable safety concern would have been his own safety while riding in the dirt storm created by the fleeing car.

Pretty good job and surely required skills most of us do not have. Maybe he's one of the good ones.

I also have little respect for the daily nonsense of the BIB, but in this case- well done - -_and mounted on an all powerful stepthru' motorbike. He should be promoted up thru'the ranks quickly for his actions. I'm sure there are many like him but overshadowed by corrupt bosses and hanger-on's.

In this case no, he was directly along side and close enough for it to be effective. These scum bags need to thank their lucky stars he wasn't aiming directly at them at this range. Maybe he should have and reduced the gene pool of a couple of useless lowlifes.

Any more dangerous tan when the police use their car to force another one off the road? Seems quite popular in the USA. The officer did what he decided was the best course of actin in the given circumstances. He was there, were you?

Any more dangerous tan when the police use their car to force another one off the road? Seems quite popular in the USA. The officer did what he decided was the best course of actin in the given circumstances. He was there, were you?

The PIT maneuver you refer to is only done under very specific guidelines regarding other traffic and considerations of danger to all concerned. Even then only by those trained to do so.

I still feel that shooting at a moving vehicle carries a lot of danger but those who have seen the video say it was done in manner that was safer than it sounds. I'll accept this is the case as I have not seen the video, however it is still something I'd rather not have law enforcement [anywhere in the world] did.

Just too much that can go wrong.

Edited by Bluespunk