What is the process for hiring a Cambodian worker?

joshuatdixon

I have a Thai Company Limited, we have already received our quota for 1 migrant worker from the department labor, but have done nothing else. I have read multiple of 2 different ways to have a legal Cambodian working for my company.

1) The worker can apply for a work card of some sort himself at the border when coming into Thailand.

2) I can have them apply for a proper work LA visa in their home country and then when they get to Thailand we can apply for the work permit for them, somewhat similar to my own Non B visa and work permit.

We have a specific person in mind from Cambodia that we would like to work for us because he has worked for us before in Cambodia on prior jobs, so he does know about our industry and we would like to give him the opportunity to work for us in hopes of him improving his skills and then doing some specific skilled work for us later in the a year or 2.

My question is which one of these should my company do and are these the correct ways? If these are proper what are the steps to do this?

We currently don't have enough staff to support another foreign work permit, so we can not go that route.

Sorry, but I am terribly confused. You "..currently don't have enough staff to support another foreign work permit...", but you want to hire a foreign worker?

I pray I am missing something here......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

This is for a migrant worker, based on the agreement that Thailand has between Burma, Laos, and Cambodia, we can hire migrant labor workers from these countries once the company is given a quota of how many. I know it's different than a non b w/ work permit, it should be called a non LA, but I'm not sure of how difficult the process or how to go about it.

• 2 weeks later...