Thai police: 5 Cambodian sailors arrested in rape, assault of French tourists

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear the whole story....if it ver comes out.

but I'll make a guess...they were drunk, asked for money and it got out of hand.......

Are you making wishee washee guesses now? 555. I guess you could be right, maybe, perhaps. But maybe they were just drunk and really horny and very low on cash. Or maybe they smoked some really cheap meth and thought they were invincible or....or....let's wait for the official story first, but who knows if that is even correct, maybe they are just guessing too coffee1.gif

This sort of thing really does the image of the idyllic Thai island no good at all.The brochure pictures of the sunsets and the starlit skies.Smiling Thai people with their heads bowed and their hands pressed together in a submissive gesture.Pictures of beautifully painted resorts and glorious swimming pool's.The snaps of the nightlife down town area's with tourists wandering around looking i shop window's and buying souvenirs. People laying in sun drenched beaches buying fruit and seafood from the happy,helpful beach vendors So some French people who were looking forward to the holiday of a life time end up in hospital.The women having to suffer the indignity of a rape kit.What heart break! When its all over and they are back home,how ill they answer the question 'well!did you enjoy your holiday in Thailand?'Every time they see a tv programme about the land of smiles,those two girls will relive it in their minds,time and time again.Will the holiday shops advertise Thailand as the jewell of Asia? Yeah 'come to Thailand and watch your wife get raped by scumbags'The following depression and memories of that night will last forever.This has also been the end of many marriages,in the long run.The physical pain alone,that the girls suffered will remain with them.What will happen to this happy band of traveler's? will they stop seeing each other due to the embarrassment.

Thai,Cambodians,Burmese,it doesnt matter,because these pissed up scum have not only ruined a holiday,they have possibly ruined lives.

To us reading this,occurrence,its only words on a screen and all the would be punishments posted will not make a difference.

They came 8000 miles only to have their lives ruined.The repercussions of this will eventually destroy them.

KKD

Well said Dave.

Tourist destinations that are generating $$$ should have some form of security. The locals making money of tourists should put some of that money back into the tourists otherwise they might stop coming in the future. It's basic economics

Always migrant workers committing these crimes against foreigners. The Thai men are very well behaved and do not do bad things. Especially in places like Dark Tao.

The reality is, that some of the Thai men committing these crimes are above the law, such as the mass killer on Tao, who continues plying his trade of serial killing. And some are simply being protected by a government and tourist authority, who refuse to acknowledge that at least part of the problem is home grown.

Thankfully, the reality is that there are still a very low number of violent crimes being committed by Thais against foreigners. Many of us are very grateful for this, and hope the trend continues. Not like in the Philippines, or Mexico, or Central America, where murder is far more common. The vast majority of the murders here are Thai on Thai.

Yes, we expats and foreign tourists are generally very lucky (and safe) here compared with some other places. The incidence of burglary, theft and all forms of violent and sexual crimes here is hugely local on local, or at least Asian on Asian. I often marvel at "our" relative level of safety here next to the paranoia that locals here have over their personal safety. Look at the broken glass and razor wire everywhere here. I used to actually think at one stage that local crims were terrified of the tourist police. Exceptions are usually those few who serially prey on foreigners such as the beach ladyboys and those few individuals who repeatedly drug & rob naive tourists in specific areas. Remember he old "ketamine on the nipples scare" that ran in Pattaya for several years. Warnings were eventually posted on certain specific tourist blogs. But in general, violence against foreigners is the exception here, not the norm, in comparison to other sun & sex destinations such as The Med, The Philippines & some Central south American areas where as noted tourists are not allowed to wander at night. You don't go wandering around at night in Jamaica!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter

Angry Mob Assaults 5 Cambodians Accused of Raping French Women on Koh Kut
Khaosod English

14567186121456718725l.jpg
Two suspects, center foreground, in the rape of two French tourists participate Sunday in a ‘re-enactment’ as a crowd gathers on Koh Kut.

TRAT — Police on Koh Kut yesterday had to cut short a “re-enactment” of five Cambodian men accused of raping two French women after an angry mob gathered and attempted to assault the men.

Officers on Sunday could not guarantee the safety of the five men, who allegedly attacked four French tourists on the resort island with knives on Saturday night after coming ashore from the Thai fishing boat they served on, according to police Maj. Gen. Nopparat Rintapon.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456718612

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-29

National police chief to fly to Trat to question five Cambodian fishermen accused of raping two French tourists

52-1-wpcf_728x409.jpg

TRAT: -- National police chief will fly to Koh Kood Island in Trat province in helicopter late today to personally question five Cambodian fishermen arrested after they were accused of beating two French tourists and raping their female compatriots on Koh Kood in Trat province on Saturday night.

Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda will fly in a police helicopter to question the five Cambodian suspects, who worked on board a Thai fishing boat, this afternoon and will also witness the reenactment of their crimes at the crime scene by himself.

According to police report, three of the five suspects were arrested before dawn Sunday while trying to hide in bushes to escape hunt by alerted police and residents, while two other colleagues were arrested in yesterday afternoon at a border checkpoint while trying to cross over to Koh Kong of Cambodia in the bid to escape.

Preliminary police investigation revealed that the five were drinking liquor on their Thai fishing boat, and after they ran out, they put on life jackets and swam to the shore to buy some more.

The drunken men ran into a group of four French tourists, two women and two men, who were walking around the back of their resort on Saturday night.

According to Bangkok Post, the Cambodian boat crew tried to kidnap the two women, aged 57 and 28, and assaulted their male companions, aged 30 and 29, attacking them when they tried to help.

They allegedly raped the women after the first man was injured and the second ran for help at the resort.

The attackers fled after a group of resort staff and residents accompanied by the French man came to help.

The three French victims were found in critical condition and were initially treated at Koh Kood hospital before transferred to Trat hospital.

Doctors said that they had undergone surgery and were treated in an intensive care unit where their conditions now are described as satisfactory.

Police said after the resort staff alerted police, a 50-strong force of Marines, police and local administrative officials supported by villagers sealed off their escape route.

Three, still in half naked dresses, were apprehended from bushes before dawn.

The other two were captured by immigration police at Hat Lek immigration checkpoint in Trat’s Klong Yai district at 3pm Sunday as they allegedly tried to flee to Cambodia’s Koh Kong province.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152834

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-29

Let me get this straight...

5 small Cambos, already half-drunk, wet, cold and tired after working all day and swimming ashore...

We're able to overpower 4 well-fed French farangs? What kind of weapons did they have? Couldn't have been a gun--the ammo would have got wet.

Wait. I forgot they were French. With all due respect to the French people, America had to pull their ass out of the fire. Twice.

Never mind.

Good to hear at least one of them was good at sprinting, though.

If you're going to hang on a beach on a Thai island at night:

* Don't be wasted.

* Run faster than your attackers.

* Have a big piece of driftwood, a club or big stick handy--just in case.

* Be a trained martial arts artist.

* Have an "equalizer", if you're not--a stun gun or pepper spray.

Be prepared. Think. And ask yourself, is it really worth the risk to come to an island in Thailand?

Why not stay home on the beach. I hear San Tropez is very lovely this time of year...

A lot to learn, question is! do you have enough time left to learn it?

This sort of thing really does the image of the idyllic Thai island no good at all.The brochure pictures of the sunsets and the starlit skies.Smiling Thai people with their heads bowed and their hands pressed together in a submissive gesture.Pictures of beautifully painted resorts and glorious swimming pool's.The snaps of the nightlife down town area's with tourists wandering around looking i shop window's and buying souvenirs. People laying in sun drenched beaches buying fruit and seafood from the happy,helpful beach vendors So some French people who were looking forward to the holiday of a life time end up in hospital.The women having to suffer the indignity of a rape kit.What heart break! When its all over and they are back home,how ill they answer the question 'well!did you enjoy your holiday in Thailand?'Every time they see a tv programme about the land of smiles,those two girls will relive it in their minds,time and time again.Will the holiday shops advertise Thailand as the jewell of Asia? Yeah 'come to Thailand and watch your wife get raped by scumbags'The following depression and memories of that night will last forever.This has also been the end of many marriages,in the long run.The physical pain alone,that the girls suffered will remain with them.What will happen to this happy band of traveler's? will they stop seeing each other due to the embarrassment.

Thai,Cambodians,Burmese,it doesnt matter,because these pissed up scum have not only ruined a holiday,they have possibly ruined lives.

To us reading this,occurrence,its only words on a screen and all the would be punishments posted will not make a difference.

They came 8000 miles only to have their lives ruined.The repercussions of this will eventually destroy them.

KKD

Well said Dave.

Tourist destinations that are generating $$$ should have some form of security. The locals making money of tourists should put some of that money back into the tourists otherwise they might stop coming in the future. It's basic economics

Unfortunately. two words Thais do not understand Basics and Economics

Just a thought but would someone from the West, in this case France, really be able to identify an Asian? It is well known that to Westerners Chinese all look the same so how can they be sure of these guys? I not saying they are wrong and if they are they should be put behind bars for life

you know what is really weird? i can tell the difference between all the Thais I know.

they all look completely different.

5 small Cambos, already half-drunk, wet, cold and tired after working all day and swimming ashore...

We're able to overpower 4 well-fed French farangs? What kind of weapons did they have? Couldn't have been a gun--the ammo would have got wet.

Wait. I forgot they were French. With all due respect to the French people, America had to pull their ass out of the fire. Twice.

Never mind.

* Don't be wasted.

Be prepared. Think. And ask yourself, is it really worth the risk to come to an island in Thailand?

Why not stay home on the beach. I hear San Tropez is very lovely this time of year...

Let me get this even straighter.

Saturday night, 5 small (but wiry) Cambodian fishermen, after drinking on their boat, decide to swim ashore to buy more alcohol.

They come across 4 tourists, two men, two women,one of whom was 57 years old, the others in their late twenties, walking behind their resort..

The tourist were surprised and physically assaulted. One of the males managed to escape to find assistance. Leaving 5 on 3.

Nobody reported the tourists being "wasted". Small Asian men can be very tough (as the United States found out in Viet Nam where nobody came to pull their ass out of the fire). Perhaps you've heard of those wimpy Gurkhas?

Having an 'equalizer' may end up costing your life and are not easy to obtain on a holiday island.

I am sure these tourists didn't feel the need to enroll in the Bruce Lee Academy before their tropical vacation.

Is it worth the risk to come to a tropical island whether in Thailand or...? Excrement occurs.

This was a violent, random, attack and the perpetrators have been detained. If justice prevails, they will be dealt with.

St.Tropez is probably way beyond their income level and Ko Kut isn't exactly jet setter territory.

BTW, no need to drag on about America saving Europe, that was 75 years ago. No need to mention French tourists, could just as easily have been Fred & Wilma and friends from Spokane.

Never mind.

* Don't be wasted.

Congratulations for your first post ! Hopefully the last one also !

What a load of tripe you men post here. No mention of the two happy couples having the holiday of a lifetime on a beautiful island , and the horryfying trial they were put through ! They were the victims of animals, and the men that were caught were the attackers.

Geisha

I'm sorry that you feel my post is one of a load of tripe.But imagine if it happened to you.How would you cope withe endless picture loop running around in your minds eye every day for the rest of your life.You dismiss this situation completely out of hand.

Those French guys will suffer just as much as the girls did,both physically and mentally. but that's ok,isn't it? it's just a load of tripe.

Never mind.

* Don't be wasted.

Let me get this even straighter.

Saturday night, 5 small (but wiry) Cambodian fishermen, after drinking on their boat, decide to swim ashore to buy more alcohol.

They come across 4 tourists, two men, two women,one of whom was 57 years old, the others in their late twenties, walking behind their resort..

The tourist were surprised and physically assaulted. One of the males managed to escape to find assistance. Leaving 5 on 3.

Nobody reported the tourists being "wasted". Small Asian men can be very tough (as the United States found out in Viet Nam where nobody came to pull their ass out of the fire). Perhaps you've heard of those wimpy Gurkhas?

Having an 'equalizer' may end up costing your life and are not easy to obtain on a holiday island.

I am sure these tourists didn't feel the need to enroll in the Bruce Lee Academy before their tropical vacation.

Is it worth the risk to come to a tropical island whether in Thailand or...? Excrement occurs.

This was a violent, random, attack and the perpetrators have been detained. If justice prevails, they will be dealt with.

St.Tropez is probably way beyond their income level and Ko Kut isn't exactly jet setter territory.

BTW, no need to drag on about America saving Europe, that was 75 years ago. No need to mention French tourists, could just as easily have been Fred & Wilma and friends from Spokane.

Excellent reply !!!!

One thing, ! just because some French people decide to visit a island in Thailand ?! has nothing to do with there financial status and doesn't mean they have no money to go to St Tropez !!!

I have been to St Tropez, and it is only really great if you have a whole lot of money and you come with a huge yacht.....if you're not it is utterly boring and frustrating....

And I prefer the quiet of a Thai Island (some of them ?!?!?) to St Trop....and most certainly those French to.....

I have a good friend that runs a diving school on Koh kood, and the island is a little paradise and a excellent place for diving. (Enough said, too much already !)

Best Regards, Off Road Pat

PS: by the way it's winter in St Tropez now.........!!!

Sorry, didn't know the attackers had knifes. Still, two men welding 1.5 meter pieces of driftwood could have done some damage. Also I would have kicked them in the balls.

Yes, of course the places where rich people hangout are boring. But doubtful this would have happened there today. It's the off season (low rates). Probably better food, too.

Always have a plan B. Again, beaches on Thai islands at night, yes, kii happens (all too often, it seems)...

I had such a great weekend in Thailand, completely shut off internet and comeback to these news... So sad.. it is a scar for life. A friend who is living on Koh Kud said it is a mother and a daughter. wish I could do something to help to recover for all 4 of the french tourists.

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Forum Netiquette
1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.
2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

Always migrant workers committing these crimes against foreigners. The Thai men are very well behaved and do not do bad things. Especially in places like Dark Tao.

The reality is, that some of the Thai men committing these crimes are above the law, such as the mass killer on Tao, who continues plying his trade of serial killing. And some are simply being protected by a government and tourist authority, who refuse to acknowledge that at least part of the problem is home grown.

Thankfully, the reality is that there are still a very low number of violent crimes being committed by Thais against foreigners. Many of us are very grateful for this, and hope the trend continues. Not like in the Philippines, or Mexico, or Central America, where murder is far more common. The vast majority of the murders here are Thai on Thai.

I hope you have reported these Thai men to the authorities.No,i didn't think so.

Just a thought but would someone from the West, in this case France, really be able to identify an Asian? It is well known that to Westerners Chinese all look the same so how can they be sure of these guys? I not saying they are wrong and if they are they should be put behind bars for life

you know what is really weird? i can tell the difference between all the Thais I know.

That's not weird at all,it's normal.It's funny though,Thais rekon we all look the same.Their eyesight must be worse than eyes.

Drunken thais never seem to be involved in these things.... Even though they would vastly outnumber the Cambodians or Burmese in all these areas..... Just sayin...

Just sayin' you don't know shit... In many of these areas, (resort islands) Cambodian and Burmese workers outnumber Thais by a large margin.... just sayin.

The unsubs are fishermen, nothing to do with locals working on the island and secondly, there was a Thai fisherman once who saw a British woman sunbathing on a beach alone, he went over raped and killed her. I believe it was on Samui or Pangan, not 100% sure, approx. 8-10 years ago, killer was caught as well.....

Waiting for the usual victim- blaming!

Like "what were they doing, walking outside of the resort? Don't they know, that Thailand is dangerous?" or the usual "It does not only happen in Thailand!"- BS!

Anyways: hope the victims will recover from whatever damage they suffered!

Never mind.

* Don't be wasted.

Oh dear! Another arrogant (profile name being the biggest clue here) and ignoramus yank. You have 1 comment on TVF. Please make it your last.

It's <deleted> like you that make <deleted> like me stereotype <deleted> like you!!

In fact I can picture you now Smith & Wesson in each hand firing wildly into the sky akin to that cartoon character on Loony Tunes or Warner Bros!

If I was American I would be cringing in embarrassment at this post

Many thanks for setting him straight, his rant must definitely be one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on this forum...

That's not weird at all,it's normal.It's funny though,Thais rekon we all look the same.Their eyesight must be worse than eyes.

You kind of do all look the same though. Just some are fatter than others.