Public works in NaJomtien and Huay Yai

thinkingman

I bought my condo in Ban Amphur 2006. Since then, I haven't seen any road improvements or maintenance in all that time UNTIL...

Have restriped Sukhumvit to a little past Ban Amphur.

New curbing on Sukhumvit in Ban Amphur

Improved the Huay Yai road

Repaving Polo 1 Soi from Huay Yai towards Siam CC

Repaved Phoenix road (mostly) between village and 331

Repaired Polo Escape road from 331 to 3376

Finishing up 331 dual carriageway

(On the gripe side, newly installed signs are all in Thai-no English)

As far as the tunnel goes, I was in Phuket in August during some big storms and lots of flooding and the tunnel there was dry. I admit I was surprised.

Hope it continues. Wonder why the area is getting attention?

I can vouch for the repaving of Phoenix golf club road and the new northbound lane of the 331, drove across it yesterday, it's already got black top on it, and the all new cycle lanes around Wat Yan temples, going across the lake and all down to Silver Lakes, makes me wish I still rode a bicycle biggrin.png

Nothing to do with Huay Yai Municipality but there is also a huge new golf course being built at the back of Silver Lakes and the new Water Park looks like it is set to open anytime soon.

I can vouch for the repaving of Phoenix golf club road and the new northbound lane of the 331, drove across it yesterday, it's already got black top on it, and the all new cycle lanes around Wat Yan temples, going across the lake and all down to Silver Lakes, makes me wish I still rode a bicycle biggrin.png

Nothing to do with Huay Yai Municipality but there is also a huge new golf course being built at the back of Silver Lakes and the new Water Park looks like it is set to open anytime soon.

Rimmer,

Is that the vast piece of farmland that's been cleared in front of Khao Chi Chan Buddha that you say is being turned into a golf course?

I'm referring to land that is on the road by Wonder Farm.

SJ

Rimmer,

Is that the vast piece of farmland that's been cleared in front of Khao Chi Chan Buddha that you say is being turned into a golf course?

I'm referring to land that is on the road by Wonder Farm.

SJ

The cleared land I am referring to goes from the road in front of Khao Chi Chan Buddha all the way back to the road down the side of the Chinese Museum, I am told it is a joint Thai, Malaysian development and will be a golf course.

Have watched them re-new Huay Yai Road over the past few weeks - Use it when going to Kelly's Bar

Drove down Huay Yai road for the first time in many months. Quite a bit of new pavement. Seems they've widened the road. Kelly's was closed! This was at 4PM.

Archived