Deadly octopus spotted during family dinner-prep

webfact

Deadly Octopus Spotted During Family Dinner-Prep
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14568087111456809065l.jpg
A blue-ringed octopus found at a Makro store in Yasothon province, at left, and a living one in the waters off Indonesia, at right by Jens Petersen.

RANONG — A family had sliced up the octopus and was about to cook it for dinner when they noticed blue spots on the meat.

Fortunately one of them was familiar with the poisonous and deadly seafood featured in recent news as a blue-ringed octopus due to the strange blue blemishes.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456808711

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-01

I LOVE seafood, and Thailand offers such a broad array of delicious seafood choices. However, I cannot find octopus, except in the freezer at Makro.

Right now I'm in Panama for one week and am very much enjoying fresh octopus in the many seafood restaurants here.

I'm also eating daily several varieties of ceviche. Never seen this in Thailand either, but now that I'm reminded how much I love it I'll be preparing it myself when I return to Thailand in two weeks. That is, I'll figure out how to make ceviche properly and then my Thai wife will take it from there.

BTW, except for the octopus & ceviche, Panama sucks in comparison to Thailand. It's the Land of Frowns. The good thing is, my time here in Panama is really making be re-realize how great the Thai people are, and how delicious is the Thai cuisine.

I LOVE seafood, and Thailand offers such a broad array of delicious seafood choices. However, I cannot find octopus, except in the freezer at Makro.

Right now I'm in Panama for one week and am very much enjoying fresh octopus in the many seafood restaurants here.

I'm also eating daily several varieties of ceviche. Never seen this in Thailand either, but now that I'm reminded how much I love it I'll be preparing it myself when I return to Thailand in two weeks. That is, I'll figure out how to make ceviche properly and then my Thai wife will take it from there.

BTW, except for the octopus & ceviche, Panama sucks in comparison to Thailand. It's the Land of Frowns. The good thing is, my time here in Panama is really making be re-realize how great the Thai people are, and how delicious is the Thai cuisine.

That surprises me, do you live inland?

I see it on display in Tesco and BigC, in Pattaya and Laem Chabang. The chunks are so big I wonder how big the whole critter was.

Archived