Bringing fill in to raise up land due to flooding

watgate

I don't have a lot of info such as the amount of fill that was brought in or how much of the 2 rai of land was actually raised up. With that said does anyone know if 80,000 baht is a reasonable price to truck in fill to raise the land or it can't be determined if it was a fair and reasonable price since their are too many unknowns such as the amount trucked in and how big of an area was raised?

Your information is sketchy but 80,000 cost for landfill (and levelling) for 2 rai is in the right ball park I suspect. About 10 years ago we did similar on my wife's piece of land, about 3/4 of a rai, and I seem to remember that was 35,000 or so.

The op needs to say where in isaan he is located. Isaan is the size of Texas and cost is going to very. Example in my area a 5 meter load has gone from 200 baht to 350 baht over the past 2 years, Not being isaan but Chiang Mai you pay about 650 baht for that same truck. His 80,000 baht budge may be ok if he only needs about half a meter rise if he needs a full meter rise he can double that figure.

If you believe the 2 rai were raised sufficiently, 80,000 is dirt cheap (pun intended). I have over 1 rai and raised it over 2 meters in some places and the price was 4 times yours. I doubt yours was raised even close to this level but you should be comfortable with 80,000.

Most people who have built new houses in my area of Issan have been raising the elevation first, for quite a few years now.

Also, due to the dorut, many rice farms are being filled in to grow mon sarong ( cassava ).

The high demand for fill dirt has caused the price to increase quite a bit.

And the trucks just keep hauling.

Get a hard estimate before you start and make sure they stick to that price.

It will probably increase more in the near future.

Most people who have built new houses in my area of Issan have been raising the elevation first, for quite a few years now.

Also, due to the dorut, many rice farms are being filled in to grow mon sarong ( cassava ).

The high demand for fill dirt has caused the price to increase quite a bit.

And the trucks just keep hauling.

Get a hard estimate before you start and make sure they stick to that price.

It will probably increase more in the near future.

The number 1 reason for fill rising in my part of Isann/Surin is the army stepped in and stopped the taking of fill from untitled land. Has nothing to do with the demand. Demand has always been there. Fill has to come from titled land.