Makro Chiang Rai

adv008

When you enter they have a desk where you can fill out a form and they will give you a guest card. I have filled out a form that is supposed to get a member card mailed to me several times but am still waiting as never got one. No big deal as guest card takes about one minute to get. No fee.

I always use the guest card but I'm told that if you forget the girl at the checkout can grant it.

I seem to recall being told that a receipt for 10,000B in purchases will get you a permanent card but that's only hearsay.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite easy. The trick is making sure you write your address down as the Thai's would. I had to do mine twice for that reason . My own fault. But like has been stated the guest card route is simple enough.

Every time you walk into any Makro store simply go up to the customer service desk and ask them for a day pass, it's a slip of paper with the account number, 999999999 written on it, loads of people do it, we did it for almost two years and they don't mind. A permanent card can be had making an application in store.

A friend of ours just told us her number, I put it in my phone contacts and now just show the phone to the cashier. No problem.

We did fill out the form and did it all the right way, but no card ever materialized.

Before that, I just asked far a guest card at the desk at the entrance.

If you have permanent card,they send you the monthly magazine,

full of offers,you mostly don't want.and I find if there is something

I want to buy,when you go its not in stock.

regards Worgeordie

Try phoning and asking them to keep the item you want for you. It won't work the first time but as they get used to you wanting reserve something, they will usually keep it for you.

We have a permament one, but what are the benefits? You can even not go to the desk people tell you about. Go shop then when go to cashier say you dont have. They will use their own barcode to scan and thats it

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

We have a permament one, but what are the benefits? You can even not go to the desk people tell you about. Go shop then when go to cashier say you dont have. They will use their own barcode to scan and thats it

The benefits are primarily for the retailer. They get a mailing list and make the customer feel like they have been allowed into an exclusive club.

They carry stuff not available elsewhere, I occasionally get a 1kg wedge of imported Parmesan cheese that lasts me ages, quite a saving on the little pieces at the supermarkets.

Their frozen foods are considerably superior to that available at the new place near Thai Watsadu.

You don't actually need anything in form of membership or day pass, or... At the cashier when she asks you for the member card, simple say mai me. They do NOT require you to have one.

Probably true, but the cash & carry/bulk purchase concept is aimed at volume buyers, not at an individual who needs a bag of crisps, in that respect Makro does require membership as part of their business model. Why not just play along and help the business grow AND makes the cashiers life a little easier, gawd knows she must get totally pee'd off with the the number of farangs who's only words in Thai are, mai mee, even though she sees the same ones week in, week out!

Archived