Five months in jail for nothing => police didn't test the white powder => it was NOT drug

geovalin

Jail Term ‘Unjust’ for Innocent Man

Khmer Times / Buth Reaksmey Kongkea
Tuesday, 01 March 2016

A man held in pretrial detention for five months on a drug trafficking charge was released yesterday after a laboratory found that the white powder discovered in his room was a cleaning substance and not crystal meth or cocaine, as the police who arrested him assumed.

Construction worker Men Sereyroath was arrested in his room in Meanchey district on October 27 during a raid by police. They found six packets of the white substance but did not examine or test it before sending the case to court.

“I feel very disappointed and angry with police... I did not do anything wrong, but they arrested me and jailed me for five months,” he said yesterday.

read more: http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/22083/jail-term----unjust----for-innocent-man/

Who keeps six packets of "white substance" in their home or on their person? Perhaps he was ripping off drug customers and deserved to be detained. It's a wicked world out there, dealing and consuming drugs.

People who use washing powder.

They probably found out when a copper went home and shoved some up his nose.

More likely when they tried to sell it and were told it wasn't any good.

Dealing drugs in these countries is very risky business, at the street level anyhow, and without resources(cash) to get you out of trouble.

There had to be a reason for the raid in the first place.