Goodbye Pattaya, Hello Phuket.

50baht

Can't take the pollution of the tour buses and baht buses in and around Pattaya anymore.

Just got back from Phuket and I feel like a Million bucks. Went swimming in clear water without getting a rash for the first time in years.

Now just need to get rid of this absolutist perfect condo for a Bargain price to a Newbie :)thumbsup.gif

I do fear that hoards of tour buses will soon clog the streets of Phuket and I will be packing again in a few years ?

Anyone else move because of Pollution ? ?

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dncx6O5J4U

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, may i make a suggestion.

If pollution is your main concern, why do not you move to Sathahip or Bangsaray or Ban Chang or even Siracha

need the action. and quite pleasant temps in the surrounding hills of Phuket.

Op what do you think happens with sewage on Phuket and many of Thailands resorts?It runs in the sea and if the current and wind is right it floats back to land so basically one is swimming in ea de kaka.coffee1.gif Good luck on avoiding that polution thing because you are in the wrong country concerning said topic.

OP, may i make a suggestion.

If pollution is your main concern, why do not you move to Sathahip or Bangsaray or Ban Chang or even Siracha

need the action. and quite pleasant temps in the surrounding hills of Phuket.

Bangsaray is 20 mins away if action is what you afterthumbsup.gif

Phuket is probably the last place in Thailand I would relocate to. I don't care if the beaches are spotless clean , I just hate being ripped off by the locals No thanks.

Edited by balo

A post has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

OP, may I make a suggestion.

If heavy road traffic is one of your main reasons for moving, why not live in the center. You say you have dream condo, what if you move in View Talai 6, most daily stuff is walking distance. I stay and almost never take a taxi in Pattaya, not having to drive here is major relief after summers in Europe. To have a car here and put up with traffic.. I would then rather stay in Europe year round, instead of 6 month.

I will never understand why people own a car and drive here, not just saying, I really really don't. Everything is a walk away in the center, to Jomtien I take baht bus or motorboy. About once a week I take a taxi to Bangkok, let the driver suffer the pain, he gets paid for it, why on Earth would I? But to move to Phuket, no no!

Op what do you think happens with sewage on Phuket and many of Thailands resorts?It runs in the sea and if the current and wind is right it floats back to land so basically one is swimming in ea de kaka.coffee1.gif Good luck on avoiding that polution thing because you are in the wrong country concerning said topic.

You have no clue of that you speak

Phuket is probably the last place in Thailand I would relocate to. I don't care if the beaches are spotless clean , I just hate being ripped off by the locals No thanks.

Like any other country in the world, its the unsuspecting tourist who gets ripped off. When you live there, its a complete different story

Maybe should be known as .....Poo-ket

I have lived on the island for a long time.

Why am I not "ripped off by the locals"?

Why do you spread nonsense and ill founded rumour?

Yes i do because shit or sewage does not evaporate in to thin air ,just take the road from Patong to Kamala to see sewage pipes dumping poop in to the sea.

Thais are such envirementalists......

Yes i do because shit or sewage does not evaporate in to thin air ,just take the road from Patong to Kamala to see sewage pipes dumping poop in to the sea.

Thais are such envirementalists......

How many of these "dumping " sewerage pipes are there between Patong and Kamala ?

Why have I not seen these pipes ?

The problem with Phuket is it is too small especially if you are into the P4P scene.

Basically you will know everyone in a short period of time.

Secondly it is more expensive than Pattaya and it can be significantly so depending on how you live.

I would be inclined to agree with those posters who recommend Bang Saray or somewhere around Pattaya.

Heck you can get a place up in Cosy Beach and it doesn't feel like you are in Pattaya at all.

OP, may I make a suggestion.

If heavy road traffic is one of your main reasons for moving, why not live in the center. You say you have dream condo, what if you move in View Talai 6, most daily stuff is walking distance. I stay and almost never take a taxi in Pattaya, not having to drive here is major relief after summers in Europe. To have a car here and put up with traffic.. I would then rather stay in Europe year round, instead of 6 month.

I will never understand why people own a car and drive here, not just saying, I really really don't. Everything is a walk away in the center, to Jomtien I take baht bus or motorboy. About once a week I take a taxi to Bangkok, let the driver suffer the pain, he gets paid for it, why on Earth would I? But to move to Phuket, no no!

I gotta agree I live in a great quiet apartment in the centre of Pattaya and I cam walk to everywhere just about or catch a baht bus.

I don't live full time in Patts thou as I couldn't handle it so I just spend half the year in Patts and the other half in Oz.

The pollution and noise and everything is too much after a while.

7 Years in Phuket and I have not been ripped off .......

It ticks all the boxes for me...

All the best and enjoy.....

So you managed to avoid local transportation mafia , and the tourist traps all over the island. Happy life then .

The problem with Phuket is it is too small especially if you are into the P4P scene.

Secondly it is more expensive than Pattaya and it can be significantly so depending on how you live.

I would be inclined to agree with those posters who recommend Bang Saray or somewhere around Pattaya.

Heck you can get a place up in Cosy Beach and it doesn't feel like you are in Pattaya at all.

Cozy beach is great but not on the baht bus route. I agree with OP pollution is bad from endless arrival of Chinese tour buses. I got out to the relative quite of jomtien, thank God the Chinese stay clear

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Cozy beach is great but not on the baht bus route. I agree with OP pollution is bad from endless arrival of Chinese tour buses. I got out to the relative quite of jomtien, thank God the Chinese stay clear

Yeah you have to take the plunge and buy a scooter if you live in Cosy Beach.

I wouldn't ride a scooter as too dangerous.

However if you want to avoid the pollution a bit then Cosy Beach is quite nice and still close to the action.

After spending years in Thailand on and off the happiest people are the ones doing what I do and that is coming and going. I know it is not practical for a lot of people but you get the best of both worlds that way.

good job the locals don't try to rip us all off here cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah you have to take the plunge and buy a scooter if you live in Cosy Beach.

I wouldn't ride a scooter as too dangerous.

However if you want to avoid the pollution a bit then Cosy Beach is quite nice and still close to the action.

After spending years in Thailand on and off the happiest people are the ones doing what I do and that is coming and going. I know it is not practical for a lot of people but you get the best of both worlds that way.

I think the pollution problems of Pattaya hit you worst when you are sat on a scooter.

The exhaust from the large buses and coaches blows straight in your face.

I am surprised there is less of it in Phuket.

Pattaya has a city feel these days. still nice to be on the beach but too many tourists and cars and the people arent friendly any more

Yeah, it is so much different than 2004 my first trip. In low season I used to get the feeling of actually being in a quiet seaside town. Then they put up that monster Festival Mall, hacked the trees along beach road, put up too man bright stadium style lights, etc. Jomtien beach used to be OK for swimming, at least it never bothered me. But that water has not improved with time.

If OP wants sparkling water then just hop the 30 baht ferry to koh larn, hire a scooter for the day and visit all 6 beaches. Topless Russian babes in G strings drinking tall bottles of beer at 11am is worth the trip lol

I just took a trip to Phuket two weeks ago....it took 1 3/4 hour to get from airport to Patong at noon on a Thursday. My friends arrived at 5 pm and their ride was 2 HR 10 min. I won't be going back for this reason and would never consider living there.