Arrest made following 'execution' at East Pattaya Restaurant

webfact

And people ask me why I carry a gun here. Balance

I have never carried a gun, nor have I ever owned a gun in my life. I ask myself, if I was a in situation, would I be prepared to shoot to kill? There is no point is shooting to injure, unless you are law enforcement. The guy is just going to hunt you down later. So, you pretty much have to shoot to kill. What are the ramifications of that, here in Thailand? Do I really want to kill a local guy? And deal with the aftermath?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never carried a gun, nor have I ever owned a gun in my life. I ask myself, if I was a in situation, would I be prepared to shoot to kill? There is no point is shooting to injure, unless you are law enforcement. The guy is just going to hunt you down later. So, you pretty much have to shoot to kill. What are the ramifications of that, here in Thailand? Do I really want to kill a local guy? And deal with the aftermath?

A Wise decision if you are not prepared to follow thru after you have drawn your weapon. Many times people have had theirs taken away from them when the perpetrator realised that they are unwilling or incapable of going that final inch. Here in LOS - as a foreigner - you will be in a lot of trouble if you shoot someone - provided you get caught. Remember - it is not a secret if 2 people know.

A Wise decision if you are not prepared to follow thru after you have drawn your weapon. Many times people have had theirs taken away from them when the perpetrator realised that they are unwilling or incapable of going that final inch. Here in LOS - as a foreigner - you will be in a lot of trouble if you shoot someone - provided you get caught. Remember - it is not a secret if 2 people know.

Well, that goes to the very heart of the issue. Drawing your weapon. Obviously, if you do not have a gun, there is no possibility of drawing it, and executing another man. Maybe the other guy was going to back down? Maybe it was a situation that could have been defused? Maybe he did not have a weapon and you over reacted and shot him. A lot of maybes. A lot that I have decided I am not prepared to deal with. What if you do shoot him, and it was his fault, as he provoked or threatened you, and he was killed, and there were Thai witnesses? What do you think the odds are that they will testify on your behalf? And even if they do, what are the odds of you sitting before a fair and impartial judge? A lot of ifs. A lot of variables. For me, it is a situation I am working hard to avoid.

I realize there may come a day when I wish I had a gun to protect myself or my people. But, until that day comes, I am fine living without a gun, and remaining a non gun advocate.

I can hardly keep up with all the murders, rapes, deaths suicides in Thailand these days,, wai2.gif

Your right it is just overwhelming. I think Amazing Thailand is looking more and more like a central American dunny.

It is every day now, with both Thais and falang involved. That plus drowning Chinese, when will it end ? That is rhetorical of course, we all know the answer, huge, far reaching changes have to be made to Thai culture and current Thai thinking processes. Personally I don't think administrations and public services has got it in them, for they are part of the culture (a culture that has been in the making for many decades), and a most of the blame lies with them. Plus they are gutless.

Comes down to education IMO, if they believe they are the greatest nation on the planet and are tought that, then little will change, it will only get worse and if they don't pay for the crimes it will make things worse still , ........high time they were tought about morality and mortality , history and geography from a nuetral prospective ,...my other half recons the truth about WWII is never tought becouse she thinks alot of thais would be angry and make problems with Japanese tourists , little chance of it coming out now with the present Gov;t, imo it would dent their pride which as we know ,...always comes before a fall right ? crime and punishment needs to be seen to done , they are on a slippery slope ATM

Edited by osiboy

OK........So 1 Moron shoots 1 Moron while now there are 2 morons less that are out and about in public.

Hmmmm....1 + 1 = Minus 2....

Strange Arithmetic....but Oh well...That works well enough here in Thailand

Cheers

Edited by gemguy