N. Korea, on defense after sanctions, makes nuclear threat

webfact

You posters who are raised on shock headlines and 3 minute news 'analysis' can relax. It isn't going to happen apart from in the fanciful imagination certain figures are trying to program into you.
Have no lessons been learned from recent history?
So true, but I still think you need to factor In the fat little mans 'madness' factor.
'This message has been brought to you by the people who gave us the WMDS and yellowcake.' I can't believe how many otherwise intelligent and sensible posters are falling for it yet again.
DPRK - Mad dictatorship.
USSR - Mad dictatorship.
China - Mad dictatorship.
Iran - Mad dictatorship.
Iraq - Mad dictatorship.
Syria - Mad dictatorship.
Cuba - Mad dictatorship.
Saudi Arabia - Mad dic- sorry, Great bunch of lads. Scrub that one.

Do you not see a bit of a pattern here?
Maybe TVF should send over a team of members to interview the phat little man to ascertain if he is in fact what he claims to be, ie: worlds greatest <insert whatever> and all round Mr nice guy.

All these claims from folks that escaped his country after years in gaols and torture camps are nothing but Propergander ?
Not nothing but propaganda, but served with a hefty dose.

As for the TVF trip, count me in if the management are paying...

Well, I don't know the 'modern day TVF' management but I do know the old crew and he's fairly tight fisted with the doh Rae me. He might send you via snail mail, receiver to pay?

If ur cute KJU may make you his personal biatch. 55555

You posters who are raised on shock headlines and 3 minute news 'analysis' can relax. It isn't going to happen apart from in the fanciful imagination certain figures are trying to program into you.
Have no lessons been learned from recent history?
So true, but I still think you need to factor In the fat little mans 'madness' factor.
'This message has been brought to you by the people who gave us the WMDS and yellowcake.' I can't believe how many otherwise intelligent and sensible posters are falling for it yet again.
DPRK - Mad dictatorship.
USSR - Mad dictatorship.
China - Mad dictatorship.
Iran - Mad dictatorship.
Iraq - Mad dictatorship.
Syria - Mad dictatorship.
Cuba - Mad dictatorship.
Saudi Arabia - Mad dic- sorry, Great bunch of lads. Scrub that one.

Do you not see a bit of a pattern here?
Maybe TVF should send over a team of members to interview the phat little man to ascertain if he is in fact what he claims to be, ie: worlds greatest <insert whatever> and all round Mr nice guy.

All these claims from folks that escaped his country after years in gaols and torture camps are nothing but Propergander ?
Not nothing but propaganda, but served with a hefty dose.

As for the TVF trip, count me in if the management are paying...

Well, I don't know the 'modern day TVF' management but I do know the old crew and he's fairly tight fisted with the doh Rae me. He might send you via snail mail, receiver to pay?

If ur cute KJU may make you his personal biatch. 55555

Craig might pay, he's an ex senior mod with a healthy mods retirement package. tongue.png

Kim is blowing hard again.

Monday the US-ROK Joint Armed Forces Command begins its annual military exercises that go into April. Kim hates these huge exercises as all the Kims have gone bonkers over 'em. Each Kim has always raised a huge stink when the exercises happen. Plus the newest sanctions hit hard against the bucks income the regime gets from all kinds of illicit activities....

South Koreas military said this years war games will be the largest yet staged, involving 300,000 South Korean military personnel and 17,000 from the US.

Analysts say one element of North Koreas traditional anger over the drills is that they force the impoverished nation to respond with its own costly war games.

Responding to North Koreas threat, South Korean defence ministry spokesman Moon Sang Gyun said it must refrain from a rash act that brings destruction upon itself.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/07/north-korea-threatens-to-reduce-us-and-south-korea-to-flames-and-ash

One also needs to take notice of the rifles in the photo.......

• post-221427-14571990898176_thumb.jpg

They appear to be something held over from World War I.

The stock of the rifles appear to be made of wood, which no modern regular military rifle has. Much too long a rifle for any rifle post-WW I -- waaay too long and laughably so. Longer than almost all WW2 rifles besides. Typical WW2 rifle was 44 inches in length and the rifles in the photo are much longer than 44 inches.

I can't get a close enough look in the photo but the rifles appear almost unmistakably like bolt action rifles which is another feature of 100 year old individual soldier weaponry. Snipers use bolt action rifles today, not regular infantry which these troops appear to be.

These observations are mine based on some military service but surely there are American rifle fanatics that might want to comment further on this.

The N Koran Infantry are marching the Goose-step which the Nazis did and the Russians like to do (among a few other military forces).

Either way the New Jersey rightwinge militia could probably dispose of these guyz in a short order.

Now used for ceremonial purposes only. The MosinNagant (Russian: Винтовка Мосина, ISO 9: Vintovka Mosina) is a five-shot, bolt-action, internal magazine-fed, military rifle, developed by the Imperial Russian Army in 188291, and used by the armed forces of the Russian Empire, theSoviet Union and various other nations. It is one of the most mass-produced military bolt-action rifles in history with over 37 million units produced since its conception in 1891, and in spite of its age it has shown up in various conflicts around the world even up to the modern day, being plentiful, cheap, rugged, simple to use, and effective, much like the AK-47 and its variants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin%E2%80%93Nagant

Here's what they use in times of war.

Certainly look like bolt action rifles in the top pic......looks likey they're fitted with bayonettes .....maybe mr Kim has no ammo and plans to stab his way to Washington ?

He's a first class douchebag.

I for one, who lives closer to North Korea than the folks in Thailand, just smile when ever fat boy starts his rhetoric. Why ? Well Uncle Sam is more than well aware of the possible dangers. Why do they have so many troops and weaponry in South Korea, it, to me at least, is obvious that there are little nasties underwater off the east coast of fat boys land. I think it is almost a certainty, if fat boy launched a weapon in anger then the state of .north .korea would be frazzled within seconds. And China where I live, in my opinion will do the usual Chinese thing , wring their hands, object but deep down inside be grateful that North Korea is no longer an issue to them. To sum up. Nuclear submarines of North Koreas east coast, possible nuclear weapons to the South. Idiot fat boy has no chance

Residence permits are a bit of a bugger, unfortunately. I can recommend the North Korean beer however. Just don't ask them if they have got any Motörhead at the music room in the Grand People's Study House - I think that was what blew it for me...

I can recommend the North Korean beer

I could not nor would I recommend anything North Korean or Nazi for that matter.

Edited by Publicus

Monday the US-ROK Joint Armed Forces Command begins its annual military exercises that go into April. Kim hates these huge exercises as all the Kims have gone bonkers over 'em. Each Kim has always raised a huge stink when the exercises happen. Plus the newest sanctions hit hard against the bucks income the regime gets from all kinds of illicit activities....

South Korea’s military said this year’s war games will be the largest yet staged, involving 300,000 South Korean military personnel and 17,000 from the US.

Analysts say one element of North Korea’s traditional anger over the drills is that they force the impoverished nation to respond with its own costly war games.

Responding to North Korea’s threat, South Korean defence ministry spokesman Moon Sang Gyun said it must refrain from a “rash act that brings destruction upon itself”.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/07/north-korea-threatens-to-reduce-us-and-south-korea-to-flames-and-ash

The stock of the rifles appear to be made of wood, which no modern regular military rifle has. Much too long a rifle for any rifle post-WW I -- waaay too long and laughably so. Longer than almost all WW2 rifles besides. Typical WW2 rifle was 44 inches in length and the rifles in the photo are much longer than 44 inches.

I can't get a close enough look in the photo but the rifles appear almost unmistakably like bolt action rifles which is another feature of 100 year old individual soldier weaponry. Snipers use bolt action rifles today, not regular infantry which these troops appear to be.

These observations are mine based on some military service but surely there are American rifle fanatics that might want to comment further on this.

The N Koran Infantry are marching the Goose-step which the Nazis did and the Russians like to do (among a few other military forces).

Either way the New Jersey rightwinge militia could probably dispose of these guyz in a short order.

Now used for ceremonial purposes only. The Mosin–Nagant (Russian: Винтовка Мосина, ISO 9: Vintovka Mosina) is a five-shot, bolt-action, internal magazine-fed, military rifle, developed by the Imperial Russian Army in 1882–91, and used by the armed forces of the Russian Empire, theSoviet Union and various other nations. It is one of the most mass-produced military bolt-action rifles in history with over 37 million units produced since its conception in 1891, and in spite of its age it has shown up in various conflicts around the world even up to the modern day, being plentiful, cheap, rugged, simple to use, and effective, much like the AK-47 and its variants.

Very good info so thx for that.

US Army Drill Team for instance uses the old Springfield 103 from Gen Pershing's day. All spruced up of course.

Not quite the same thing however as Kim and his gang over there. Radically different indeed.

The only problem with the little boy who cried wolf is one day the wolf actually came. With regards to nuclear war, its stunning the West has over time allowed nuclear destruction to be a common refrain of North Korea bellicosity. Without question, all lessons learned from the West's cuddling of despots in Asia inform the strategies of despots in Persia.

South Korea’s military said this year’s war games will be the largest yet staged, involving 300,000 South Korean military personnel and 17,000 from the US.

Analysts say one element of North Korea’s traditional anger over the drills is that they force the impoverished nation to respond with its own costly war games.

Responding to North Korea’s threat, South Korean defence ministry spokesman Moon Sang Gyun said it must refrain from a “rash act that brings destruction upon itself”.

Now used for ceremonial purposes only. The Mosin–Nagant (Russian: Винтовка Мосина, ISO 9: Vintovka Mosina) is a five-shot, bolt-action, internal magazine-fed, military rifle, developed by the Imperial Russian Army in 1882–91, and used by the armed forces of the Russian Empire, theSoviet Union and various other nations. It is one of the most mass-produced military bolt-action rifles in history with over 37 million units produced since its conception in 1891, and in spite of its age it has shown up in various conflicts around the world even up to the modern day, being plentiful, cheap, rugged, simple to use, and effective, much like the AK-47 and its variants.

Very good info so thx for that.

US Army Drill Team for instance uses the old Springfield 103 from Gen Pershing's day. All spruced up of course.

Not quite the same thing however as Kim and his gang over there. Radically different indeed.

Wouldn't fancy marching like that. Chap behind you gets the old "Halt, 1, 2" slightly wrong and you would end up kebab-ed!