Nong Khai To Chiang Mai

pazza

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what my options are for getting to Chiang Mai from Nong Khai, flying is preferable but the trip to the airport (Udon Thani, about 2 hours) and wait may be longer than going by bus etc. hope you can help (btw I do not have a car just a motorbike). :o

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what my options are for getting to Chiang Mai from Nong Khai, flying is preferable but the trip to the airport (Udon Thani, about 2 hours) and wait may be longer than going by bus etc. hope you can help (btw I do not have a car just a motorbike). :o

I believe one of the low cost (supposedly low cost that is) airlines fly Unon Thani to Chiangmai and would suggest that this remains your best bet if you don't want a 12 hour bus ride from Nong Khai with at least one change of buses. It's possible that there might be a flight from Veintienne in Laos but you will know that or be able to find out as you are in Nong Khai.

Edited by john b good

Hi Guys,

I believe one of the low cost (supposedly low cost that is) airlines fly Unon Thani to Chiangmai and would suggest that this remains your best bet if you don't want a 12 hour bus ride from Nong Khai with at least one change of buses. It's possible that there might be a flight from Veintienne in Laos but you will know that or be able to find out as you are in Nong Khai.

Best option is to fly with Nok air to Udonthani (think they only fly on Friday and Sunday from CM), costs about 1700 Baht. When you arrive at the airport, you can get a taxi to Nong Khai (i think 200 Baht), though they tend to wait until they're full before leaving, or could get a taxi to Udonthani (60 Baht), and go to the bus station and get a bus from Udon to Nong Khai (about 30 mins).

I believe a bus company at Arcade bus station travels to Udon, the journey's about 12 hrs, and cost was about 800 Baht if i remember rightly.

I flew with Nok, flight was only just over an hour to Udon. If you have time on yer hands Udon is worth a night out. Anyway hope that helps.

Hope that helps.