Thai company for a freelancer just for obtaining WP.

Hey OP have you checked your PM? I've sent you some info. We offer a service for exactly what you're after. We are a BOI-certified company licensed to hire freelancers who receive income from abroad, 100% legally.

Thanks for the PM, I had a look. I have heard of you guys before.

Will not go into details.

Concept is excellent, if I go with your minimum salary requirement into the scheme it will incur a minimum annual cost of THB 250,000.

I appreciate the offer though.

Thanks, you are correct with your calculation. It must be noted, however, that we also include your local taxes in that price and you will be a legal tax resident of Thailand with our concept. Therefore, it can definitely be cheaper than freelancing on the Elite visa and paying taxes to your home country.

If a freelancer is not paying taxes anywhere, then the Elite visa is definitely a cheaper option.

Hey OP have you checked your PM? I've sent you some info. We offer a service for exactly what you're after. We are a BOI-certified company licensed to hire freelancers who receive income from abroad, 100% legally.

Thanks for the PM, I had a look. I have heard of you guys before.

Will not go into details.

Concept is excellent, if I go with your minimum salary requirement into the scheme it will incur a minimum annual cost of THB 250,000.

I appreciate the offer though.

Thanks, you are correct with your calculation. It must be noted, however, that we also include your local taxes in that price and you will be a legal tax resident of Thailand with our concept. Therefore, it can definitely be cheaper than freelancing on the Elite visa and paying taxes to your home country.

If a freelancer is not paying taxes anywhere, then the Elite visa is definitely a cheaper option.

Except if said one-man operation is doing local business in Thailand.

Did the op mention his nationality. Hope it ain't USA the tax man loves collecting tax even when they work o/s. So I'm told. Could be completely wrong. Only relating conversations with some yanks I've run into

No, you're not wrong. US citizens have a very hard time opening either personal or corporate accounts. Some banks will refuse them just based on nationality.

​+1. My experience, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also interested in this topic. I assume the OP is a non-US citizen, the company in question is a off-shore HK limited, and the OP would become tax resident only in TH.

What if the OP find an intermediate thai company (with enough thai employees) willing to provide a work permit for a fee?

OP would hire thai company services from HK company with 1 time cost including 1 year of minimum salary + work permit + extension of stay cost + overhead fee.

The thai company would then provide work permit and repay minimum monthly salary. I would expect actual annual costs for OP to be then below 100K...

PS: not sure why the elite visa has been proposed, it does not allow to work and is only for people who do not live in Thailand.

Edited by julot

I am also interested in this topic. I assume the OP is a non-US citizen, the company in question is a off-shore HK limited, and the OP would become tax resident only in TH.

What if the OP find an intermediate thai company (with enough thai employees) willing to provide a work permit for a fee?

OP would hire thai company services from HK company with 1 time cost including 1 year of minimum salary + work permit + extension of stay cost + overhead fee.

The thai company would then provide work permit and repay minimum monthly salary. I would expect actual annual costs for OP to be then below 100K...

PS: not sure why the elite visa has been proposed, it does not allow to work and is only for people who do not live in Thailand.

The more "fantastical" the scheme the more likely that it will fail !

Funny that's the last post before mine since...

I run a Thai company with soon issued BOI approval meaning we will have spare work permits available beyond our needs. All legal, real Thai staff etc and could possibly hire a new employee to meet the work demands of our new HK customer...

Wouldn't be worth our while less than around 10k per month, but could be paid monthly on a 1 year contract. Would need to figure out exact costs and rates.

Message me if interested in discussing, would be a month or so before can start.

Let others worry about international schemes and focus on your extension.

Yes, Thailand loves and wants schemes. But they charge a high amount for them, it's a system designed to milk and milk and milk.

Actually this is a fairly standard thing to do. Plenty of people and companies have an offshore entity for tax purposes with a related Thai entity which subcontracts to the HK entity for work undertaken in Thailand. Edited by samran

Funny that's the last post before mine since...

I run a Thai company with soon issued BOI approval meaning we will have spare work permits available beyond our needs. All legal, real Thai staff etc and could possibly hire a new employee to meet the work demands of our new HK customer...

Wouldn't be worth our while less than around 10k per month, but could be paid monthly on a 1 year contract. Would need to figure out exact costs and rates.

Message me if interested in discussing, would be a month or so before can start.

Cool. I will PM you. It's anyway probably for later this year.

what could be the lowest minimum legal salary? (15000 THB ?) And the maximum duration for work permit duration (1, 2 year?)

From what I read, the only requirement is 50K for europeans but only for extension of non-B visa.

Since I will be entering with a Non-O (married to Thai), I would use the 400K balance on bank account to extend my stay.