Any 5-a-side football games I can join in Chiang Mai?

somtum16

Living here for the next five months. I miss playing football on a once per week basis the same as I did at home, and living with my girlfriend here is great but I need a social outlet. I'm free any day of the week so I'm just wondering if anyone here knows of a team looking for an extra man to play? I'm 25 years old and average skill level. Thanks.

There is a group of us playing Football/Soccer (futsol, actually 6 v. 6) at the SEVEN KICKS facility. It is on Canal Road just north of the Rachapruek Rd. We show up at 7pm, usually start 7:20. Cost varies depending on how many show up, about 40-50 baht. The numbers have dwindled the last few weeks, (cold?) so if you can come and bring a friend, that would be great! (Mon. and Wed. nights.) TONIGHT!

Found this searching Chiang Mai Football on FB.....

Also there's pick up softball games at Payap on Sunday afternoons at 1:30 and some of the Farangs also play soccer - basketball - volleyball, could be some leads there.....Very seldom is there activity on the soccer field there but night soccer fields are all around.....

What's on tonight?:

In case any of you didn't know. There is a football team in Chiang Mai, the first ever expat team now well over a decade old - not the players, the team. They train on Wednesday nights. While it is a fun activity, they do take it pretty seriously and play in all kinds of competitions. So if you want to play it's better you are fit-ish, and know your way around a football field. The team is called The Farangutans. They train from 7pm (get there early) and finish at 9pm. At the 7 a-side fields behind Andaman Seafood on Mahidol Road. The photo is the team playing a tournament in Bangkok:

So we have farang soccer going on in CM!

We have softball on Sundays at 1330 at Payap U!

We have pickleball M-W-F from 0800-1000 at Buak Hard Public Park!

Do we have flag football(American-Canadian) going on anywhere?

Do we have frisbee golf/football going on?

Any racquetball/handball courts in town?

Thanks

So we have farang soccer going on in CM!

We have softball on Sundays at 1330 at Payap U!

We have pickleball M-W-F from 0800-1000 at Buak Hard Public Park!

Do we have flag football(American-Canadian) going on anywhere?

Do we have frisbee golf/football going on?

Any racquetball/handball courts in town?

Thanks

Look up Anthony Erickson on FB....He is part of a frisbee group CM....

What's on tonight?:

In case any of you didn't know. There is a football team in Chiang Mai, the first ever expat team now well over a decade old - not the players, the team. They train on Wednesday nights. While it is a fun activity, they do take it pretty seriously and play in all kinds of competitions. So if you want to play it's better you are fit-ish, and know your way around a football field. The team is called The Farangutans. They train from 7pm (get there early) and finish at 9pm. At the 7 a-side fields behind Andaman Seafood on Mahidol Road. The photo is the team playing a tournament in Bangkok:

Hi Pgrahmm,

I was wondering if you had a contact for the farangutan team? 2 hours of training would likely slaughter me at first but I'd love to get into something semi serious.

What's on tonight?:

Hi Pgrahmm,

I was wondering if you had a contact for the farangutan team? 2 hours of training would likely slaughter me at first but I'd love to get into something

Try this - their website....Seems dated though - the FB info was newer + other groups & individuals that can be contacted for networking....I searched under the name

http://www.oocities.org/farangutans/

Edited by pgrahmm

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/03/2016 at 10:52 PM, pgrahmm said:

There is a group of us playing Football/Soccer (futsol, actually 6 v. 6) at the SEVEN KICKS facility. It is on Canal Road just north of the Rachapruek Rd. We show up at 7pm, usually start 7:20. Cost varies depending on how many show up, about 40-50 baht. The numbers have dwindled the last few weeks, (cold?) so if you can come and bring a friend, that would be great! (Mon. and Wed. nights.) TONIGHT!

Found this searching Chiang Mai Football on FB.....

Also there's pick up softball games at Payap on Sunday afternoons at 1:30 and some of the Farangs also play soccer - basketball - volleyball, could be some leads there.....Very seldom is there activity on the soccer field there but night soccer fields are all around.....

Is this still happening?...