How to contact DWP.

johnnygimbo

I have looked at the DWP website, to find out the best way of knowing how to contact them as my circumstances have changed, I can write to them, or I can telephone them which could cost me a lot of money. I am not prepared to do that.

I cannot find their e-mail address, maybe I have missed it. Does the DWP have an e-mail address?

cat.calling card 300bht.for over 3hrs.to the uk.

i would advise you to write to them,make a copy,and send it buy registered post.

any replies make sure you KEEP THEM.

from me meatboy who had hell with them for over 2yrs.luckily i had kept all replies.and it was only after sending them a solicitors letter they admitted they WERE AT FAULT. case dismissed.

cat.calling card 300bht.for over 3hrs.to the uk.

i would advise you to write to them,make a copy,and send it buy registered post.

any replies make sure you KEEP THEM.

from me meatboy who had hell with them for over 2yrs.luckily i had kept all replies.and it was only after sending them a solicitors letter they admitted they WERE AT FAULT. case dismissed.

Had to deal with them since 2006 and it is a nightmare. Fully fully agree with sending all mail registered because they will screw you otherwise. I have lost count of the number of times I have had to call only to be told that they have received nothing. Really, I say, Someone signed for it. Put on hold... few minutes later someone comes back and says 'oh, we found it, misfiled.'

I have written extensively on the subject of the DWP elsewhere on the forum. Around 4 years ago I claimed to be a Christian (I'm atheist) and this worked for a little while so I changed to claiming to be a Muslim and have very little problems for the last 3 years ish.

I have found a debtor in the Marshalsea prison of the name Dorrit, who has been there many years. I wish to investigate his confused affairs, so far as to ascertain whether it may not be possible, after this lapse of time, to ameliorate his unhappy condition. The name of Mr Tite Barnacle has been mentioned to me as representing some highly influential interest among his creditors. Am I correctly informed?

http://www.bl.uk/learning/images/21cc/lang/transcript1272.html

Little Dorrit is a novel by Charles Dickens, originally published in serial form between 1855 and 1857. It satirizes the shortcomings of both government and society, including the institution of debtors' prisons, where debtors were imprisoned, unable to work, until they repaid their debts. The prison in this case is the Marshalsea, where Dickens's own father had been imprisoned. Dickens is also critical of the lack of a social safety net, the treatment and safety of industrial workers, as well the bureaucracy of the British Treasury, in the form of his fictional "Circumlocution Office". In addition he satirizes the stratification of society that results from the British class system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Dorrit

Circumlocution (also called circumduction, circumvolution, periphrasis,[1] or ambage[2]) is locution that circles around a specific idea with multiple words rather than directly evoking it with fewer and apter words. It is sometimes a necessary tool of communication (for example, in getting around lexical gaps to overcome untranslatability), but it is also often a flaw in communication (for example, when it is a figure of speech that is unnecessarily ambiguous and obscure).[3] Ambiguity means that information can have multiple meanings.[4] Roundabout speech refers to using many words (such as "a tool used for cutting things such as paper and hair") to describe something for which a concise (and commonly known) expression exists ("scissors").[5] The vast majority of definitions found in dictionaries are circumlocutory. Circumlocution is often used by aphasics and people learning a new language, where in the absence of a word (such as "abuelo" [grandfather]) the subject can simply be described ("el padre de su padre" [the father of one's father]). Euphemism, innuendo, and equivocation are different types of ambiguous and roundabout language (i.e. circumlocution).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumlocution

Yes, I have been doing this for a long time.

Forget any other way of contacting them except by registered mail and keep a copy.

Tell them this is the only way you want to be contacted, due to poor hearing and not writing down quick enough what they say.

They are obligated to contact you in the manner you choose.

They always say the easiest way is by phone and then start of asking security questions most of which I can't remember anyway

Forget any other way of contacting them except by registered mail and keep a copy.

Tell them this is the only way you want to be contacted, due to poor hearing and not writing down quick enough what they say.

They always say the easiest way is by phone and then start of asking security questions most of which I can't remember anyway

100% you have had dealings with the DWP.

Absolutel and I was going to tell what led me to this, but I won't.

.Gov always says the ""easiest" way to claim (up to your imagination) is by phone.

DO NOT BELIEVE them, a lovely girl asks a few nothing questions, the says I'll

pass you to my colleague, who happens to be more skilled at getting your life

history and goes on and on.

ALWAYS write and have a paper trail ALWAYS

.Gov always says the ""easiest" way to claim (up to your imagination) is by phone.

This is a very emotive subject. Sometime I do need to call and record via Skype the whole lot. Go into them right of the bat and demand a series of 'security questions' such as name and where they work. You will likely be told that they cannot which is untrue so press the point. I find that informing them that the call is being recorded for future broadcast is enough to make them back the **** off.

[edit] I have to stop because I'm so miffed.

This is a very emotive subject. Sometime I do need to call and record via Skype the whole lot. Go into them right of the bat and demand a series of 'security questions' such as name and where they work. You will likely be told that they cannot which is untrue so press the point. I find that informing them that the call is being recorded for future broadcast is enough to make them back the **** off.

[edit] I have to stop because I'm so miffed.

Interesting how some seem to attract difficulty/problems.

The only phone call I have ever had with the DWP was one in which a delightful person rang to say they were returning some original documents to me via the postal service.

The documents arrived and I wrote thanking the DWP staff for their excellent service.

The only phone call I have ever had with the DWP was one in which a delightful person rang to say they were returning some original documents to me via the postal service.

The documents arrived and I wrote thanking the DWP staff for their excellent service.

Might depend on the subject do you not think?

I'm a T12 paraplegic and have not got a single Penny (ESA) since October 2014 because I can't go to see a Doctor. It's in court now and I will win because I can't <word staring with F and ending in 'ing'> walk. The UK does not disallow words considered to have magical properties so I can't paste anything I have written to them on the forum. Suggesting that a certain person (always keep a record of everything as uptheos said) would be better employed selling pencils from a cup, is a mild example. All this is perfectly legal in the UK and I make good use of it.

The references in posts above are correct, 100%. The office of effective evasiveness.

Attract? How about I tell you in a man's voice? <word consisting of four letters followed by a word consisting of three>

Archived