30 day extension to 60 day tourist Visa in Jomtien

I entered Thailand on Jan 11, 2016 with a 60 day tourist Visa, obtained in my home country of Canada. I'm traveling on a Canadian passport. I went to the Jomtien Immigration office today to get a 30-day extension, since my return ticket is April 11th. It was kind of a zoo, and the lady at the information counter, when I informed her that I wanted a 30-day extension and showed her my passport with attached documents, said something about "can't do it today - come back on 10th or 11th at (or maybe it was after) 8am" and handed me 2 forms (TM-7 and TM-30) and an information slip.

I'm really confused by the TM-30 form. I've been staying for last 3 weeks in a condo I've rented via AirBnb, and am moving to a hotel downtown from 12th-18th, then going to Bangkok and staying at another hotel from the 18th-24th. My plans after that are flexible, but likely include coming back to Pattaya and staying in a hotel or guest house. The hotels I'm staying at are the Grand Bella Pattaya and the Amora NeoLuxe in Bangkok.

What do I put on the TM-30? The information slip says I need to bring one of: 1) copy id card of house owner, 2) copy house book or 3) contract of rent.

I've been trying to search for what to do, and it seems like I shouldn't need this at all since I'll be staying in hotels, which should do the reporting. However, I need to renew by Friday and am staying at a condo rented via AirBnb until Sat morning. Trying to get docs, photocopies or a signature from the local AirBnb property manager sounds like a huge pain in the butt. Would I be able to print out my AirBnb reservation and my hotel reservations and take this instead of filling in form TM-30?

Any advice? Sorry to come here before exhausting my web searches, but it seems like I had better get this right on Thursday or I'm kinda hosed.

Thanks!

Take all papers possible you can get and try your luck..

If you are not lucky, ask the different offices outside how much they want to take care of this.

I was there in jan to do same thing. For me filled TM 30 and condo cleaning receipt with my name on it was enough.

Hotels do report you yes but when you apply you are "airbnb customer" and airbnb can be problem because it is mainly grey business and most of them do not pay taxes, inform residents to immigration etc..

Edited by thaitero

Just a suggestion: Maybe you could get your extension between the 12th and 18th and just take along some document from the hotel. That should be easier than working with airBnB.

You will need to go back to apply for the extension or before the 10th which according to my count is the day your 60 days ends.

Ask the agent handling your condo rental to sign the TM30 form. After you get the extension where you are staying does not matter.

You will just need the completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/ admitted until stamp and TM6 departure card.

Just a suggestion: Maybe you could get your extension between the 12th and 18th and just take along some document from the hotel. That should be easier than working with airBnB.

If he did that he would be on an overstay. Count 60 days from the 11th of January including the 11th in he count.