800,000 Baht Show Money

Thanks. That's interesting.

Anybody out there with a retirement type visa that is allowed to work?

Terry

This is not what you are asking to hear, but when I received my retirement visa extension in Pattaya last month, the official who sits at the back and actually processes them sternly told me I could not work in Thailand, and asked pointedly if I understood that. She certainly made her point that I could NOT work on the retirement extension.

Yes Visa exempt can still be upgraded. And it is in the new brochure they had on the desk explaining the new procedure. I went on my visa holiday and came back last week. I went in on Monday and changed the visa exempt to non-O and today (when I had more time) extended it to 12 months.

Interesting that I did not have 800K for months and the first lady who looked at it was questioning it but after my passbook had been passed around it was decided that I had a continuing flow of money into the country and now had 800K and got the extension.

Next person it may of course be different. I always work from the angle as to how can help me with my problem and have never gone away empty handed. I always find them very helpful.