What Must I Do When My WP Expires? ( not want to renew )

Good day to all. I like to know what is the process to completely close out my WP? NON B AS WELL

My WP will expire on 31st March and I do not want to renew it for another year. So, what do I need to bring from my school to give to the labor dept?

Is there a form I need from the Labor Dept to give to my school to complete and then I give both the WP and the form to the Labor Dept.

Do I need to go Immigration and provide them with anything? Also when I go out of Thailand/ Lao border what do I need to show them. I will go to apply for a SEV.

Can I apply for a 7 day extension so, that I can get all my ducks in a row before I go to the border? Thank you in advance for your help as I want ensure I have a easy exit and entry back into Thailand. Jasper

You need nothing from the school to cancel your work permit. Just complete this form and submit it. http://wp.doe.go.th/wp/images/form/wp_cancellation.pdf

To cancel your extension (not a visa) at immigration you will need a termination letter from the school. You can go to immigration prior to the date of termination and they will post date the cancellation to that date.

If you need more time you can apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be given 7 days to leave the country.

• Like 1

Letting both the work permit and extension of stay naturally expire on 31st march do not actually achieve the same witout submitting any cancellation forms?

I am just stating the proper way to do it. Leaving before the work permit and extension ends looks bad if applying again later.

Also he mentions crossing the border that would require the extension to be canceled or immigration might not allow him to leave. He would need the termination letter so they could cancel the extension then.

• Like 1

Sure sure i got it...i will be in a similar position in a few months and will change from non b from job to non o from marriage...but for me would be easier i think not dealing with cancelations and as i would prefer not getting my workplace involved with that i was wondering if letting them both expire naturally would achieve the same thing without me doing anything

Say for example permission of stay and work permit expire together on march 10 and would like to go subsequently to a thai embassy in a neighboring country to get a non o...am i legally ok if i leave the country on no 10? Guessing not because work permit has not expired yet...on othe other side leaving on no 11 would mean overstay...is the best option gettng a 7 day extension a few days before no 10, let the work permit expire and leave the country any date after no 10? Thanks for your help.

Sure sure i got it...i will be in a similar position in a few months and will change from non b from job to non o from marriage...but for me would be easier i think not dealing with cancelations and as i would prefer not getting my workplace involved with that i was wondering if letting them both expire naturally would achieve the same thing without me doing anything

Say for example permission of stay and work permit expire together on march 10 and would like to go subsequently to a thai embassy in a neighboring country to get a non o...am i legally ok if i leave the country on no 10? Guessing not because work permit has not expired yet...on othe other side leaving on no 11 would mean overstay...is the best option gettng a 7 day extension a few days before no 10, let the work permit expire and leave the country any date after no 10? Thanks for your help.

If you have an extension based upon working you might not even need to leave the country if you want to apply for an extension based upon marriage. You could change the reason for your extension if you have a termination letter form your employer.

If you are flying out you would not have a problem leaving but if crossing the border at Nong Khai or Mukdahan they may want a termination letter from your employer even leaving on the last day of your extension. If you actually had a non-b visa it would not be a problem.

As I wrote earlier if you have a termination letter you can go to immigration a few days before the date of termination and immigration will post date the extension cancellation to that date. No need to apply for a 7 day extension.

Immigration has no interest in your work permit being canceled when leaving the country.