Wife transferring my money

You can prosecute a spouse in the UK for taking money out of a joint account???

Not if she has drawing rights which she will have

Didn't you read what the OP said, she took his ATM Card without his knowledge & because she knew the pin, she withdrew money without him knowing...

IF he gave her/she knew his PIN, he gave her his approval to access his account.

Wrong. She used his card without his knowledge. That's theft.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.........'or she can go'.........

...possibly that is the plan.....

...married or not....look into pressing charges maybe....or the legalities of it...before it's too late.....

..another 'loving marriage'....

Not if she has drawing rights which she will have

Didn't you read what the OP said, she took his ATM Card without his knowledge & because she knew the pin, she withdrew money without him knowing...

IF he gave her/she knew his PIN, he gave her his approval to access his account.

Wrong. She used his card without his knowledge. That's theft.

A technical point: whether he knew or not is not relevant, whether he gave his approval is irrelevant. The fact is that if she knew his PIN then he is presumed in law to have given his approval, otherwise how did she know, did she just guess maybe! That's the way it is.

No I have stated how easy it is to transfer funds in and out of Thailand. I do it several times a week!

I have trolled no one, you kept telling me she was trying to get funds out of Thailand! I then spoke up and told you to go back and read his post! You chose to argue with me... That your problem, I am not arguing, either get your glasses checked or you command of English has a poor demeanor... No one else has any issues with what I stated. I have stated my facts. I don't drink... I would not have carried a top secret clearance for 40 years if I was of the level you have insinuated! My wife is Thai, has been advisor to several US Senators on SE Asian issues for 20 years.

I have not stated anything to be level OP. As I believe other will latest to. I am done I do not need to be drawn down to your level...

Readers can read what was written here and decide for themselves, I hope in the meantime you get help.

SCB not SCM, Standard Chartered Bank.

SCB stands for Siam Commercial Bank.

im amused by people offering advice on this site without even a basic grasp of the facts.

Then amuse yourself with these basic facts:

Post 13 reads:

"Major thai banks have London branches at least Bangkokbank and SCB do.....".

In fact Siam Commercial Bank does not have a UK branch of any sort, in fact, 99.9% of people in the UK have never heard of Siam Commercial Bank.

The abbreviation SCB in Asia is known as Siam Commercial Bank, in the UK and Europe it is known as Standard Chartered Bank.

As a one time employee of Standard Chartered Bank in Hong Kong the issue of correct recognition of our UK brand in Asia was frequently a hot topic.

"SCB is an acronym for:

Banks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCB

Wow. You sure showed me.

I wasn't aware standard charted was a major Thai bank.

So authoritative.

So very wrong.

http://www.listofbanks.info/web/Company/THE%20SIAM%20COMMERCIAL%20BANK%20PUBLIC%20CO%20LTD/branch/KING%20STREET%20%2037%20%20KINGS%20HOUSE%20/Company.aspx

You got one thing right. I am amused.

In fact.

Edited by HooHaa

Dinner's almost ready so I'll give it my best shot without editing or too much thought, in a short time, it goes like this:

Not difficult to imagine a younger Brit.acquires a Thai female from a poor rural family and falls in love, applies for and gets granted a Settlement Visa and sets up home UK side - adjustments aplenty for both parties, some work, others don't, his expectation (if it even existed) that she would cease to care for/support her family would be naive and shows no understanding for the differences in culture. She gets pressure from both sides, him and from the family, what to do - they need to work it out, he knows her, YOU don't, let him decide to rebuild or to move on. 6K Pounds, peanuts, get over it, you'll blow more than that in the pub in a year or on a decent holiday, it's not as he's a pensioner for goodness sake.

Food, bye.

PS: to "the guy from"..., hit a nerve I see, was not personalized but if the shoe/cap fits...!

So smart this guy. Has every relationship figured out.,,, but he doesn't stop gloating. Yep, 6k pounds is peanuts to him, he says. He blows it more on a pub in a year.... but he can't post anymore nonsense cuz he gotta go and eat dinner.

It's funny how 6k pounds means nothing to some people when it comes to their Thai wife because, god forbid we don't understand the culture.... but the "westerner" will always complain if he has to pay a dinner for a "western" date.

Give me a break, rofl. People seriously can't be that dumb (or are they?). 6k theft is a 6k theft, It's not nothing I don't care how rich or how much you like to gloat about yourself on this forum. lolololol

A technical point: whether he knew or not is not relevant, whether he gave his approval is irrelevant. The fact is that if she knew his PIN then he is presumed in law to have given his approval, otherwise how did she know, did she just guess maybe! That's the way it is.

otherwise how did she know

She look when his open pin..

or when his type pin in ATM( shop, bank) as example.

"Technical" its following what laws?

Human- its tieft.

British laws- do not know

The fact that only OP can make a decision -that's true.

But Nobody knows the truth( even OP).

and justify theft do not see ..sad.png may be have some...
Edited by ardokano

giving access to personal accounts is a silly thing to do IMO

I had a joint account/credit cards in the UK with my first UK wife until we divorced.

Now I do the same thing in Thailand with my second (Thai) wife.

When we were coming up for the divorce in the UK a fair bit of ours funds disappeared.

It hasn't happened in Thailand though.

So which wife should I have trusted?

none!

joint account is fine as long as it serves to finance daily life and your wealth is kept in separate accounts, that's what I meant with "personal accounts"

I trusted both especially as I was working offshore and only went back to the UK every 4 months. mind you I trusted my UK wife as well.

The Thai side was easier and I DO trust her. Also I do online banking and I can see every day when money moves.

This (your ) money is properly for use of her (funds sucking family) or a Thai boyfriend that she has been supporting (may be her Thai husband),and you need to to take her off your bank account . We live and learn mate.Any secret transfer of funds ,be it by any wife of any nationality ,is for deviously purposes and not to be tolerated if you have any cohornes.

Many farangs give their Thai wife,mistress money every month.It's quite common.They can spend it or save it for their retirement

when their mate dies.So if you give her 20000 baht A month then 15 months and you'll be even.So you've been made whole again.

300000 baht isn't much money to you or you would have noticed it right away.I have Internet service with all my banks.I keep an

Eye on those accounts all the time.

If your one of those people that don't give your wife money every month well what do you expect.You need to think of her future

After your gone.A life insurance policy just isn't the same.

If your one of those people that don't give your wife money every month well what do you expect.

Off topic,

If I were living in the UK (as OP is), I would expect her to get a job, and pay NI for her pension.

Like every other normal person.

In Thailand (cos my wife is a uni student), I pay her fees, and give her 100bht pocket money for every day she attends uni, and provide her with food and accommodation.

If she wants more she can work for it, after uni finishes she will be getting a job.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Married for 12 years, recently returned from a holiday in Thailand then money is secretly transferred to some account in Thailand.

It would appear that more things happened on your Thailand holiday than you know about.

300,000 Baht, over the 12 year period is only 25K Baht / year. Consider it her severance pay + a one way ticket to Thailand and send her on her way.

In Thailand (cos my wife is a uni student), I pay her fees, and give her 100bht pocket money for every day she attends uni, and provide her with food and accommodation.

If she wants more she can work for it, after uni finishes she will be getting a job.

You run a tight ship…hehe.

Many farangs give their Thai wife,mistress money every month.It's quite common.They can spend it or save it for their retirement

when their mate dies.So if you give her 20000 baht A month then 15 months and you'll be even.So you've been made whole again.

300000 baht isn't much money to you or you would have noticed it right away.I have Internet service with all my banks.I keep an

If your one of those people that don't give your wife money every month well what do you expect.You need to think of her future

What analogy. I am ashamed to be a "westerner ".

She theft!!! So she not care about husband. Why husband need care about she future? She future in prison. Even in crime community theft it last what can do.

If your one of those people that don't give your wife money every month well what do you expect.

Off topic,

If I were living in the UK (as OP is), I would expect her to get a job, and pay NI for her pension.

100 baht per day? Bet she finds a new husband once she finishes uni.

Off topic,

for differfnt people different "normal".

For many people it NOT normal pushing wife to job. Job wife - care home, husband, children.and if after have time and she wanted go out job as hobby .

Off topic,

for differfnt people different "normal".

For many people it NOT normal pushing wife to job. Job wife - care home, husband, children.and if after have time and she wanted go out job as hobby .

"Job wife - care home, husband, children" a typical misogynistic remark which if made in the West would put your "crown jewels" at great risk.

Do you also agree that women should do as they are told, obey their husbands commands without question and wear a burqa when venturing outside the home ?

Best you not voice your "opinion" to my wife !

Off topic,

100 baht per day? Bet she finds a new husband once she finishes uni.

She's already got one lined up. 2 quid a day. You reap what you sew. Good luck with your tight ass lifestyle.

A few of the responses here are surprising to say the least.

Someone even said, 'if you are one of those blokes that does not give his wife money every month, what do you expect?"

Quite baffling that anyone believes it is a man's duty to sponsor a woman/wife/girlfriend in this day and age!

There is no reason you should help her family either . . . !!!!

A woman is not incapable of earning her own money. If she works in the business with you then you probably share the profits but so often I hear that the Thai wife shares only the profits and not the costs.

This one has no excuse, what she did was an enormous breach of trust.

You may not feel you want to get rid of her . . . or maybe you need time to decide. I suggest that if you do decide you ensure your economic welfare.

Make an escape plan, say nothing, get her out of the country and make sure she can't return by whatever means necessary.

It's not your duty to provide her or her family with a retirement plan.

If you decide to stay together . . . . difficult to trust her because as she says, she wants money to ensure her financial freedom and while that may seem a valid aim, she may try to do it without your knowledge, ruining you in the process.

It's worse than catching her screwing someone, in my opinion . . .

Major thai banks have London branches at least Bangkokbank and SCM do.........

You and your wife with passbook and passport could visit.....

The Bangkok bank in London does not offer a retail banking service. Never heard of the SCM bank .............

This is not the point, This point is that like myself, she can open and account at Bangkok Bank London. I have my pensions paid to my account at Bangkok Bank in London and they transfer this to my Bangkok Bank account in Bangkok. SCM obviously means Siam Commercial Bank (SCB). You can also just walk into Bangkok Bank London office and handover cash to transfer to any account in Thailand. I used to do this on a weekly basis for two years.

Edited by Estrada

The Bangkok bank in London does not offer a retail banking service. Never heard of the SCM bank .............

This is not the point, This point is that like myself, she can open and account at Bangkok Bank London. I have my pensions paid to my account at Bangkok Bank in London and they transfer this to my Bangkok Bank account in Bangkok. SCM obviously means Siam Commercial Bank (SCB). You can also just walk into Bangkok Bank London office and handover cash to transfer to any account in Thailand. I used to do this on a weekly basis for two years.

You have a retail banking account at the Bangkok Bank in London ?

Really ?

How was that achieved?

Links please to the detail of how a personal banking account is opened with the Bangkok Bank in London. Do they offer the usual debit/credit card and overdraft facilities ? How often do you receive statements or can you access your BB (London) account on line ?

I think you need to get a grip and understand exactly how your banking arrangements actually work.

Ask her to show you an up to date statement.

You will see the bank is empty as why would she shift it from your account to hers when unless she was saving to leave you.

She will then spin some Bs about it being stashed in the safety of her mums mattress and cannot access yet.

The money is gone, long been spent, Kick her out and let her make her own way.

You send her to Thailand she will not be back, let her get her own ticket.

The amount that's gone missing is £6,000. It was my own account, not joint. We have been married for 12 yrs and nothing like this has happend before. She knew the pin number and has done for many years. She took my card without permission and withdrew the money without my permission.

Trust is big thing and to restore some of it, I want the money back. If the only way is that she has to go to Thailand and bring it back, not ideal but will do, if she doesn't come back, well that's that.

Sorry for the slow response, have a busy day at work

Are you sure that she is not a Filipina? Lol!

Whatever, doubt that you'll ever see your £6000 again.

Get rid of her.

This (your ) money is properly for use of her (funds sucking family) or a Thai boyfriend that she has been supporting (may be her Thai husband),and you need to to take her off your bank account . We live and learn mate.Any secret transfer of funds ,be it by any wife of any nationality ,is for deviously purposes and not to be tolerated if you have any cohornes.

Cojones?

No you DO NOT have a bank account with BBL London, your pension is paid VIA BBL London into a BBL account in Thailand.

For the very last time: Bangkok Bank London does NOT have a retail banking license and they are not allowed to offer retail accounts.

AND:

SCB in the UK does NOT mean Siam Commercial Bank, the UK has barely ever heard of Siam Commercial Bank, the latter being a comparatively small Thai based bank (USD 85 billion in assets) that has branches elsewhere in the region.

In the UK SCB refers to the much much larger global bank (USD 850 billion in assets in over 40 countries), Standard Chartered Bank, a bank that has branches in Thailand and which, some strange people here think, is a Thai bank, it is not, it is a British bank!

AND:

Whilst yes, you can transfer funds, (read this next part very slowly and carefully) from the UK to branches of Bangkok Bank in Thailand, you CANNOT transfer funds from just any bank in Thailand BACK to the UK, specifically via Bangkok Bank, the last part of which is what this thread asked at the start.

Edited by chiang mai