What sort of business should I start for my wife?

Rob8891

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Some were very useful, thumbsup.gif and some were exactly what one might expect from certain quarters facepalm.gif

To those who suggested I should talk to my wife, do you really think that that wasn't my first step? I'd started out out with an idea, and purposely did not say what that was: I am pleased to see that no one came even remotely close to what we have in mind, which suggests that there aren't (too many) similar operations and certainly none near the location we have in mind.

And, for the purpose of clarity, it isn't a bar, nor is it a happy-slappy-soapie-shop. There are far too many of both of those. Anyone setting up new ones, certainly in CM, needs their bumps felt.

Summary part 2:

-anyone who didn't know the details I left out is an idiot.

-my idea for a business is so unique that you couldn't come up with it.

-I am not going to tell you my idea to purposefully be irritating.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Some were very useful, thumbsup.gif and some were exactly what one might expect from certain quarters facepalm.gif

To those who suggested I should talk to my wife, do you really think that that wasn't my first step? I'd started out out with an idea, and purposely did not say what that was: I am pleased to see that no one came even remotely close to what we have in mind, which suggests that there aren't (too many) similar operations and certainly none near the location we have in mind.

And, for the purpose of clarity, it isn't a bar, nor is it a happy-slappy-soapie-shop. There are far too many of both of those. Anyone setting up new ones, certainly in CM, needs their bumps felt.

so can you share a bit more about your thoughts? Just wondering....

Summary part 2:

-anyone who didn't know the details I left out is an idiot.

-my idea for a business is so unique that you couldn't come up with it.

-I am not going to tell you my idea to purposefully be irritating.

-please keep contributing so I can amuse myself

A business where you are prepared to lose all the money you spend on it. Once accepting that, ask her what she wants to do. Far better for you, her, and your investment if she's truly into it from the start (before you spend your money).

555555..... C.Mon guys, have dome common sense. We're not giving details until the right time, surely you can understand that??

yes obviously we are all waiting to steal your amazing business idea before you launch it.

555555..... C.Mon guys, have dome common sense. We're not giving details until the right time, surely you can understand that??

yes obviously we are all waiting to steal your amazing business idea before you launch it.

Just as I feared! You'd never believe the duplicitous folk there are out there! You should read up on the scams that go on in Thailand.

It's clear that you do need help.

With your situation, pensions, money in bank and rental income I wouldn't bother with a business. Life's short, sit back and enjoy it!

If I had a business I'd maybe try to have one locally and have people working there with the missus over seeing and not integral, not too much outlay either, small business to make a bit rather than big investment expecting big returns