Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce

This question is barely worthy of a new thread I know, forgive me, but I love the stuff and don't recall seing any in Villa.

Just want to know if it can be found in Bangkok to save me bringing over a supply next month for my bloody Mary's... And on that note, is sherry available in your avarage Lotus liqor dept? If so then the best hangover cure ever created will be readily available the next morning after I go out on an empty stomach. :o

I've seen other worstershire sauce available locally but not Lea and Perrins. Shouldn't matter too much if your gonna mix it with tomato juice, vodka and Tabasco...

in the absence of proper ingredients drink a glass of whole milk then fire down a water glass full of ice and half vodka and half Sprite or another fizzy. Should keep you steady until your appetite comes back...

I've seen other worstershire sauce available locally but not Lea and Perrins. Shouldn't matter too much if your gonna mix it with tomato juice, vodka and Tabasco...

in the absence of proper ingredients drink a glass of whole milk then fire down a water glass full of ice and half vodka and half Sprite or another fizzy. Should keep you steady until your appetite comes back...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tutsi ... that sounds positively revolting :o

You can buy L&P about anywhere in Thailand,, but just in case you are in an AKHA hill village,,you can make your own,,all it is is fish sauce and sweet tamarind juice,they been mixing the 2 together for years and no body even knows it.

dr PP...as it was written, 'no pain, no gain...'

in extreme environments white savages will clear their sinuses, bring up gobfulls of phlegm from chest cavities and swallow rather than expectorate. They claim that the procedure 'coats the stomach'...

(Dr Livingstone, I presume?...naw, I'm tutsiwarrior...and this ain't Africa, it's the woods of NW USA...)

Thanks for your replies, that extra baggage space makes all the difference.

If L&P is available from Lotus then I hardly need to ask about sherry.

I was going to enquire about Colemans English Mustard but wasabi paste isn't that far off is it. :o

Anyone ever tried a Bloody Jane? It's tomato juice with lemon and plenty of ice, L&P sauce and a double sherry. Doesn't sound it I know but trust me, it's the mutts nuts.

Finally, 'lemons' as we know them, you know them yellow things, I've yet to see in the LOS. The Thai's I've spoken to still insist that limes are lemons.

limes are ok for most purposes as it is not the fragrance that usually gets lost it is the acidic value. Hard to find lemons anywhere other than in bkk.

Surprisingly dry Colemans can be found in unlikely places although not generally available.

Cheap sherry for cooking purposes is unheard of...everything I've seen is good quality and expensive (800baht), foodland usually keeps it locked up in a glass cabinet...

bluecat...whassa matah wit' you?...been eatin' too much of that kway teeow and forgot about civilized falang cuisine and its preparation...

bluecat...whassa matah wit' you?...been eatin' too much of that kway teeow and forgot about civilized falang cuisine and its preparation...

And forgot a few other civilized "things" you did not mention,...

But, but, I love it,... :o