Any Fiesta Ecoboost S tuning ideas?

PeteCM

Need some advice about improving the performance/braking/handing of my 2015 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost S (1.0 turbo, 125PS, 200NM, DSG gearbox). Not very interested in looking/sounding like a boy racer, or in outright top speed, I just want to make the car more fun to drive. The main areas I'm looking at are:

1) ECU remap or plug-in chip: Have looked at Superchips Bluefin and Spider, but neither appear to be available in Thailand. A 20% increase in torque would be very welcome.

2) Brakes: Can source brakes from a Fiesta ST on Ebay for around GBP650, but are there any other options available locally?

3) Suspension: no idea, maybe Bilstein B14s from the ST?

4) K&N air filter

5) Tires - 16' rims 195/50: any ideas?

Would welcome any ideas for sourcing any of the above items, or alternative suggestions. I'm located in Chiang Mai, but can drive down to BKK if any parts are not available locally.Thanks in advance for any tips!

post-218441-0-79037900-1457793267_thumb.

It's a nightmare finding stuff in Thailand even if you know the lingo. I would go to a helpful car place like the forum sponsor on Hang Dong Rd or maybe talk to Jimmy at J&N Autos. I'm sure either place would be able to point you in the right direction.

Mountune are the official factory-backed Ford tuners in the UK, and some of their kits can be dealer fitted and even retain factory warranty. There's arguably no better researched, tested and mechanically safe performance upgrades for your Fiesta:

https://www.mountunestore.com/products/fiesta-b299fox-mr165-power-upgrade-kit

However, their ECU remap is not compatible with the powershift AT - it's MT only - and the remap requires the use of one of their special programming boxes.

However, the kit above should still provide you with a shopping list of induction upgrades - then just get a local remap tuner to do the ECU ;)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond, and for the tips.

Will continue to try to source parts locally, but if that fails then its good to know a reputable mechanic who can install any imported items.

Cheers, Pete

For brakes, I would recommend going to check runstop. They have an upgrade kit for the Ford Fiesta.

Runstop are seriously qualified and deliver a good job.

Ecutuning was mentioned above already. Ecuthailand does a seriously good job :)

For suspension, I can recommend RSR suspension from Japan.

It's a reasonable price and they offer amazing products.

They come from a reason background in Japan and all products are made in Japan.

https://www.facebook.com/RSRTH/posts/504990906294699

Alloys, you can go for the 17' alloys same as a Fiesta ST with high performance tires on it.

(Alloys and tires you can buy from my shop then haha)

For brakes, I would recommend going to check runstop. They have an upgrade kit for the Ford Fiesta.

Runstop are seriously qualified and deliver a good job.

Ecutuning was mentioned above already. Ecuthailand does a seriously good job :)

For suspension, I can recommend RSR suspension from Japan.

It's a reasonable price and they offer amazing products.

They come from a reason background in Japan and all products are made in Japan.

https://www.facebook.com/RSRTH/posts/504990906294699

Alloys, you can go for the 17' alloys same as a Fiesta ST with high performance tires on it.

(Alloys and tires you can buy from my shop then haha)

Can you source these Alloys?

post-145385-0-91528400-1458179156_thumb.

Can you PM me with a few closer images? Then I can see if we have something similar or the same ones :)

Sadly I don't have anymore pics of them.. I've saw them on a truck also here in Buriram... The spokes are like silver on the front side and like a black colour down the side of the spokes..

Can you PM me with a few closer images? Then I can see if we have something similar or the same ones smile.png

Sadly I don't have anymore pics of them.. I've saw them on a truck also here in Buriram... The spokes are like silver on the front side and like a black colour down the side of the spokes..

Ok :) Can you PM me so I can send photos of the one's we have that look exactly the same ?

• 1 month later...

Friend of mine does custom remapping for any car, sure yours won't be a problem. However, you have to provide the original dump of your ecu eeprom.

ST brakes are way too much for your car, even the standard ones with quality break disks/pads can cope with 20% power increase.

Suspension - I've had a lot of issues with Bilstein over the years so finally stopped using them long time ago. If you can afford it, check Proflex/Ohlins road options. AST also should have road kits.

Tires - I use 205/45/17 on mine, car handles very well.