Laos Vientiane - Maximum number of entries that can be requested?

Hi,

I have been reading on the forums about the different tourist visa options and to say I am confused is an understatement!

My understanding currently (please feel free to correct me or add to this) is:

There used to be and option to request a SETV, DETV or a TETV for a tourist, this has now been replaced by only an SETV or a METV

I understand the rules on leaving the country every 60 days or extending by 30 days at an immigration office and also the 6 month validity of the METV.

I have previously had a tourist visa valid for three months and two entries - I got this in Sept 2015 so am assuming this may have been the old DETV?

I am planning on going to Vientiane in the next two weeks and would like to know how many entries I can request i.e. if I request 2 like last time I will get a double entry valid for 3 months. Or the main question is am I allowed to request 3 entries at Vientiane that I assume would result in an METV valid for 6 months - if so what documents etc would I need. I have a Thai savings account with well above the discussed amount in other forums required for an METV.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks yes I think I understand now I have been reading the Forums for a couple of hours now!

Summary I believe:

i) METVs (Valid for 6 months) can only be applied for in country of residence

ii) Applying for Tourist Visas with more than one entry has been cancelled at all Thai embassies, leaving the only option an SETV with an option to extend within Thailand or 30 days giving 90 days in total

Thanks for your responses, out of curiosity when did the rules change as my last double entry that I was given was on 21st Sept 2015

Regards

• Like 1