Bangkok Jazz Festival

Hurricane51

The 4th Annual Jazz Festival is coming to Bangkok. I'm trying to get info about it:

1. On the ground floor of the Emporium they had a little stage and chairs set up, adorned by posters of the sponsers (lead by Heineken). There a sound system. It looks like a setting for a press conference. I wander around the area and there is absolutely no information available. No literature, no one that knows anything about it. Not even any dates.

2. I Google it. I find a bunch of entries for 2005, but it's obviously the site.

http://www.bangkokjazzfestival.com/2006/

The home page says 2006 and gives me dates (it's in mid Decemeber), as well as an artist lineup. Looks promising.

3. I click "About", and the page promises "Coming Soon".

4. I click Program and the page promises "Coming Soon".

5. I click Contact Us and the page reverts to 2005.

6. I click Tickets and am taken to ThaiTicketmaster.com, where I am free to buy tickets to the 2005 festival, along with the lineup form 2005.

This is happening in 45 days! And when they have a disappointing turnout they'll blame it an a lack of jazz fans in Bangkok.

Hurricane,

This is very typical.

But having said that, I've found that the actual festivals in the past have been very well run. Very nice setting, excellent sound system, no long delays between sets... just hang in there, it's worth it.

Oh, I am definitely going. Hope to have a good time.