Thai schoolboy drowns at Hua Hin beach

webfact

Thai schoolboy drowns at Hua Hin beach
Kwaang Siripoom

hh.jpg

HUA HIN:-- A Thai schoolboy has died after getting into difficulty while swimming at Khao Takiab beach near Hua Hin on Sunday.

At around 5pm, Pol. Lt. Sanpawut Lamana from Hua Hin police received a report that a boy was missing in the sea close to the Lon Sai beachfront villa.

At the scene, police and rescue workers found 3 boys aged between 7-10 years old reporting that their 8 year old friend was missing in the sea.

Police immediately contacted dive rescue teams to help and also asked jet ski operators to help search the nearby water.

Police and rescue teams spent half an hour until a jet ski operator found the body of the boy 150 meters away from the beach.

The boy was immediately given CPR on the beach my a nurse from Nakhon Ratchasima who was on vacation at the beach.

Unfortunately, despite being given CPR , the boy could not be saved.

Police questioned the boys and found out that 4 of them are friends and living in the same village close to the beach, two of them are good swimmers while other two, including the boy who drowned are not.

The boys told the police that because it had been a hot day they decided to go to the beach to swim.

One of the boys said that as they were playing in the sea, they didn’t realise how far from the beach the current had taken them. A strong wave came and took them out even further and that was when they lost contact with the boy who drowned.

Source: Khaosod.co.th

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-14

Poor little guy. RIP. Sad to see a young live taken so early :-(

Thai parents are always so concerned about their child drowning. Sometimes irrationally like when you play in water 50cm deep just next to them.

I find it hard to believe that a 8yo living next to the sea hasn't been taught to swim properly and I'm glad that the 7yo in my own Thai family is given swimming lessons at school and can now swim very properly.

So very sad, I took my four yr old for a swim at Cha amm beach on Sunday it was very rough and windy with strong undertow.

I never went more than a metre away from shore or my boy.

I have noticed many times groups of children swimming together quite a distance out, unsupervised.

Also on Sunday a Jet ski boat was running at high speeds well inside the flags and only metres away from young children--- loonatic.

This is very sad when a young one dies.

Condolences.

Sad to hear of the death but...Is here no swimming lessons at school, surely this should part of PE education

or even basic awareness of swimming in the sea currents etc... The ocean is a hard task master who must be obeyed

UK state school during the 1950s failed to teach me to swim but at least they tried. 60+ years later and Thai state schools have no swimming lessons. Education or just babysitting?

RIP little fella and condolences to his family.

Edited by Keesters