Most-hated German in Thailand with big foot returns to begging in Hong Kong

webfact

And what or who decided to give this fellow his title.Perhaps those who wrote the article should look into a mirror , they may well not like what the see judgmental third class social misfits.

Bangkok Coconut is hardly the most respected member of the fourth estate here in Thailand or elsewhere for that matter.Bangkok Coconuts makes the Scum Sun news news sheet in the U.K look positively intellectual.

Viewing his FB page he seems to be living the good life.

Don't know where that quote came from but the foot looks very nasty, poor fellow.

"Universally hated German Benjamin Holst, who made Thailand wary of helping foreigners"

Hardly universally hated..... if I am going to hate someone, it has to be personal, some horrible thing done to me or friends/family. Coco set the bar too low. As far as making Thailand (perhaps Thais?) wary of helping foreigners..... wrong again. Been that way long before big foot showed up on the scene.

And what or who decided to give this fellow his title.Perhaps those who wrote the article should look into a mirror , they may well not like what the see judgmental third class social misfits.

Bangkok Coconut is hardly the most respected member of the fourth estate here in Thailand or elsewhere for that matter.Bangkok Coconuts makes the Scum Sun news news sheet in the U.K look positively intellectual.

Viewing his FB page he seems to be living the good life.

I think you're misunderstanding the "Coconuts" brand. It's a lifestyle site, and never considers itself a media outfit.

He is a disgrace for all Germans/Westerners in Asia.

Why the german consulates don't pick him up and deport him home where he can get surgery or whatever he needs to become healthy again?

Germany might not even be aware of him but this is taking too long. He's harming their reputation more than it costs to bring him home and help him.

If you really think it's that important to you (and Germany)

why don't you inform their Embassy?

And I gotta' ask, how is he harming Germany's reputation?

Well if you understand German you can read on his Facebook that he was deported and blacklisted in Thailand. He has been home and traveled around what he calls "working" and he keeps saying "I have big money" which from his begging I guess. He thought before he was banned for life but turns out he is not and the ban expired and he is planning to go to Pattaya soon and it seems he has people there who actually like him biggrin.png Lots of posts about him looking for prostitutes wherever he travels.

I think he might have problems "working" in Pattaya :D

Edited by Jackie66

Good on him, not lazing around feeling sorry for himself and bludging on welfare.

Out there havin a go enjoying himself, partying with booze and hookers. I can't see that leg being an attraction to picking up girls.

Why the german consulates don't pick him up and deport him home where he can get surgery or whatever he needs to become healthy again?

Because it's not under Germany's jurisdiction. Since when can a country deport someone from another sovereign nation?

The ambassador can just talk with him and offer him help. I'm pretty sure he would love to have healthy legs and an income one way or the other.

Germany helps a few hundred thousand refugee's in their own country so what difference would it make to help him as well?

There are over a million.

At least this guy isn't a burden on the State, demanding money and religious privileges.

And I don't hate him, seems like a self-sufficient guy.

My ugliness is apparently not enough of a handicap to warrant a career as a beggar. I wish I had the cheek to become a global beggar as it pays more than most jobs in Thailand.

I rarely get a chance of a holiday and don't get to bounce between Europe and Asia like Big foot - what am I doing wrong?

Germany might not even be aware of him but this is taking too long. He's harming their reputation more than it costs to bring him home and help him.

If you really think it's that important to you (and Germany)

why don't you inform their Embassy?

And I gotta' ask, how is he harming Germany's reputation?

Because soon the Thai immigration might crackdown on all Germans/Europeans and make it harder for them to get a Visa.

Germany is a very rich and social country and the reason this man has to live a life like a beggar in a 3rd world country tells something is very wrong in Germany. Why can't he get help while they help 300.000 refuge's from arab countries and promise them jobs and houses?

They could at least offer him healthcare to fix his leg.

Germany the country which makes the best luxury cars/soccerteams of the world but doesn't give a shoot about their own population. That's a good reputation right? It's not the USA where you have to buy your own healthcare or they just let you die.

This man is not on the wanted list or he wouldn't be on the street. So he probably just got bad luck in his life and then there's plenty of organisations in Germany who could offer him help, the church or the government or Unicef or whoever. It's inhuman to live like that and we all know it.

Refugee's coming to Germany also get all the healthcare they need for free, so why this guy not? If tomorrow 10 other guys like him go sit there together then sure they will do something very soon. Or if he would sit infront of the Siemens headquarter Asia they would get him away from there.

Because it's not under Germany's jurisdiction. Since when can a country deport someone from another sovereign nation?

The ambassador can just talk with him and offer him help. I'm pretty sure he would love to have healthy legs and an income one way or the other.

Germany helps a few hundred thousand refugee's in their own country so what difference would it make to help him as well?

What you don't get Thian is that he doesn't want help or his leg fixed. Its his "moneymaker" looks like he has no way to work is in pain and so people offer him money to help him out. He is a con artist , he was deported from Thailand back to Germany after taking thousands of baht from gullible Thai and farangs and partying with the money in Pattaya with hookers. He could have the legged fixed in Germany but doesn't want to as that is his way to get sympathy and money. His FB page shows how he works a job for awhile then flies to Amsterdam, Phillippines , ect to beg on the street and get money for hookers.

The ambassador can just talk to him LOL...once suspects the ambassador wouldnt even get out of his Mercedes Benz, more important things to be doing like eating sausage and welcoming new immigrants

Obviously has mental problems as well as physical...many homeless people do... Expectations that he will behave as a normal, functional person are misguided...no need to get bent out of shape about it... As to who is 'responsible' for the mentally ill who are unable to function adequately, well, that's a loaded question...

What you don't get Thian is that he doesn't want help or his leg fixed. Its his "moneymaker" looks like he has no way to work is in pain and so people offer him money to help him out. He is a con artist , he was deported from Thailand back to Germany after taking thousands of baht from gullible Thai and farangs and partying with the money in Pattaya with hookers. He could have the legged fixed in Germany but doesn't want to as that is his way to get sympathy and money. His FB page shows how he works a job for awhile then flies to Amsterdam, Phillippines , ect to beg on the street and get money for hookers.

Believe it or not but in W-Europe the handicapped have the right to have sex as well and even get a budget for it to spend on hookers. Other people get free sillicon boobs if that's necessary for them to live a normal life. Even prisoners get an weekly hour in a special bedroom where they can have sex with who-ever they want from outside the prison.

Sure he wants to have his leg fixed but maybe doesn't want (or has no place) to live in Germany again.

Why the Thai authority's didn't put him on a plane and send him back if he doesn't have a visa or was begging like this?

I'm just tired of all the farang misbehaving in this country, they give all of us a bad name and soon we'll have more hoops to jump through to get a visa. If they just sent him back he wouldn't be in the news anymore ruining other peoples/countries reputation.

We had a similar case a year ago, a man from Norway sleeping infront of the MBK but after another Norwegian from this forum went there to help him we never heard of him again.

It seems to me that Norway is a more decent country than Germany is these days.

Also right after the tsunami struck it was the Norwegian embassy who immediatly came to ask me if i was allright (i'm not even a Norwegian but look like them), a minute later somebody from the Danish embassy approached me at the airport. They were all there searching for victims to help, why they won't help this man in need? I don't get it.

If you're so concerned about him harming or disgracing the West's reputation, why don't YOU buy him a ticket back to his beloved Deutschland and pay for his surgery?

Another do-gooder with nothing better to do than waste tax payer's money on sh*t.

He seems to be perfectly capable of travelling from country to country himself. Let him pay for his own flights!

Can't say I ever stumbled upon this fella in Pattaya (no pun intended), but just curious to know if anyone ever met the Indian kid with the huge foot who used to hang out at the Taj Mahal around the mid-late 90's. He was fairly well known at the time. Looked like someone had stuck a bicycle pump into his big toe and just pumped & pumped & pumped... it didn't really extend into his calf like this fella, but it was a seriously huge foot. But what a lovely kid he was (at least when me and my mates met him). For the price of a beer he gave us a good tour and was full of the joys of spring. Looking back, maybe he felt he was blessed that his deformity set him apart from the coupla hundred other kids begging around there...

...hope he got to throw the leg after work..wink.png

a, he is not in thailand, b. he did get thrown out. c. he did go back to germany. and what's with the knocking Germany posts, this guy does not want help, he is happy as he is,he has no mental problems either. he is more savvy than most of us, he just loves all the attention that the likes of us give him , he is an adult, can make his own decisions.