British tourist reports sexual assault against Thai man he met online

webfact

British tourist reports sexual assault against Thai man he met online
Thaivisa Reporters

brit.jpg

BANGKOK:-- A young British tourist had a rude awakening early Sunday morning when he stirred to find a Thai man performing a sex act on him.

The man then promptly jumped out of bed, ran out of the house and reported the matter to police.

The bizarre event happened at a house in Bang Phli, eastern Bangkok on Sunday morning. William James, 24, a tourist from Britain had been staying with a Thai man he met through the internet who offered him a free place to stay at the Jatsan housing estate. But he ended up getting more than he bargained for.

Mr James told police that he originally arrived in Thailand in February and intended to travel on to Myanmar. Prior to his arrival he had chatted online with a man called Thanapasit (no surname supplied) who said he would give him a room in his house for nothing.

This he did without incident and subsequently Mr James went to Myanmar. On his return to Thailand, however, he contacted the Thai man again who said he could stay but all three rooms at the house were full with other people and he would have to share his own room. Mr James said he agreed to this arrangement suspecting no ulterior motive.

At Bang Kaew, Samut Prakarn, Mr James told investigating officer Kittipon Pondej: "He said that if I wanted to stay I would have to stay in his room. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that, we were all guys together. Saturday evening he invited me out to an entertainment venue with his friends and after closing time we all rolled home drunk in a taxi.

"I woke up at 5am to find Thanapasit performing a sex act on me. I was so shocked. I pushed him away and then ran out of the house and found a security guard who helped me contact the police."

Investigators spoke to Thanapasit who denied the accusation and said that it was all a misunderstanding. "I did nothing", he told officers.

Police were reluctant to believe either party and both Mr James and his alleged assailant were ordered to undergo DNA testing at Bang Phli hospital to attempt to prove the veracity of their claims.

Source: Khaosod.co.th

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-14

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accepting an invite to sleep in the same bed as a man. Going out and getting drunk with the man. Returning home with him to sleep in the same bed.

What did William expect. An innocent pillow fight!

When I was young I have slept with male friends in the same bed on several occasions, many a time stupid drunk as well, never was a sex act performed on me.

May be your experiences are different.

Accepting an invite to sleep in the same bed as a man. Going out and getting drunk with the man. Returning home with him to sleep in the same bed.

When I was young I have slept with male friends in the same bed on several occasions, many a time stupid drunk as well, never was a sex act performed on me.

That's right, I used to double up all the time when I was young and carefree.

Nothing happened to me.

Stop blaming the victim.

Plastering his name & photo all over the place does little to encourage genuine victims to seek help from the authorities, be they male or female.

Apart from here, which doesn't really count (and the one source that Thaivisa reproduced it from), where was it "plastered all over the place"?

How long do you think it'll take to migrate onto his FB, Twitter, local rag.....?

In the article it says the same room, not necessarily the same bed?!

"Police were reluctant to believe either party and both Mr James and his alleged assailant were ordered to undergo DNA testing at Bang Phli hospital to attempt to prove the veracity of their claims."

That might be able to clear up whether there a "sexual act" took place, but how will it prove that one or the other is lying about the willingness of the victim to take part in it?

Or is the Thai man claiming nothing at all happened?

God save us all with these millenniums : so clever at technology but so unworldly and naive it defies belief.

Untold thousands of you older guys have done your nut and lost all your savings and the shirt off your back to Thai females, is this millenial (that's the spelling) much different? Actually he seems to have got off quite lightly.

God save us all with these millenniums : so clever at technology but so unworldly and naive it defies belief.

In my experience they have no idea with technology either. Click here, click there - all done.

Given a Unix command line they would be stumped when the mouse doesn't move the cursor around.

Your attitude has me scratching my head....

I didnt see anywhere it was reported the victim slept in the same bed with the Thai man

Its obvious the young man did not expect anything other than a free room evidenced by him reporting the sexual assault to the police.

???????????

There is no mention of him sleeping in the same bed - only the same room.

Hate to say it, but blurring out his eyes in the OP photo isn't going to disguise him from anyone that knows him.

If he is a bit green & naive, then i do feel a little sympathy. Same if he has just found where the closet door is.

However, if it is just a tiff between partners, i hope his shoulders are large enough to support his new fame he has just achieved by reporting it.....................wink.png

You sound disappointed laugh.pnggigglem.gif

Untold thousands of you older guys have done your nut and lost all your savings and the shirt off your back to Thai females, is this millenial (that's the spelling) much different? Actually he seems to have got off quite lightly.

I would not call a sore arse (if that was the case) getting off quite lightly.

So true. I think it was the wine I was drinking that made my bum hurt the next day.

Really...Is this story "Newsworthy" even for this forum!

The vast majority of posts we read here are of interest I'm sure to most of us who have been around here for a long time and contain often helpful advice or just good reading.

However, the content of this topic is just of no value to anyone.

Sure, it probably did happen, but, that's just an aspect of someone's misfortune which will almost certainly not happen

again and anyone on this forum of a mature age, which I reckon is just about all, won't gain any knowledge to see their way through each and every day.

Wasted space and time taken to read!

Archived