Fruit wood for BBQ smoker.

3ThaiKids

Many people use mango...However it has sap that can be bad and there are other things to worry about it........Mangrove wood is supposed to be good. Its used in Florida alot. I am looking to try rambutan as I am running out of Hickory and Mesquite...I bought thirty bags of each and have only a dozen or so left.

I would try and ask some local charcoal makers where you can get the wood.

Many people use mango...However it has sap that can be bad and there are other things to worry about it........Mangrove wood is supposed to be good. Its used in Florida alot. I am looking to try rambutan as I am running out of Hickory and Mesquite...I bought thirty bags of each and have only a dozen or so left.

I would try and ask some local charcoal makers where you can get the wood.

i got the same as you eh. homepro 2yrs.ago.

Yeah......I used to buy it out whenever I was there and they had it. 189 b a bag. a bit more fore apple. I used the alder as well.

There is a guy in Rayong making pellets from fruit wood and they give off a good smoke. My new smoker has a huge wood tray so I want to start trying bigger hunks of wood.

From the responses I have recieved, which are mostly people trying to purchase some of the BBQ wood from me that I have not found a source for yet, it seems we have a business opportunity for some enterprizing fruit grower. My research to date shows that many Thai fruit growers burn their tree trimmings and old trees for cooking fuel or sell it to a charcol company. Much more money can be made by cutting this into small pieces and selling them by the bag. I myself would purchase a pickup truck at a time delivered to Phuket. For as long as I have lived in Thailand I have been staggered by difficulity in getting wood for a BBQing in tropical country covered in wood. Does anybody know a Thai or local fruit grower who needs some extra income?

Yeah......I used to buy it out whenever I was there and they had it. 189 b a bag. a bit more fore apple. I used the alder as well.

There is a guy in Rayong making pellets from fruit wood and they give off a good smoke. My new smoker has a huge wood tray so I want to start trying bigger hunks of wood.

didnt you get it when they cleared it all 69bht.