Malaysian Airlines - need to show CC at check in?

Argus Tuft

Flying from Phuket to KL in a few days.

Booked with my Kasikorn virtual visa card [K-web shopping card]

Noticed with the itinerary is says I need to present the credit card or a photocopy of it, or I 'may' be refused travel.

I can pull up the details through my Kasikorn online account to show its my credit card -

...but has anyone actually been asked for their CC recently at Malaysian check-in?

Any recent confirmation/experiences appreciated

I have been asked my times at check in on departure flight to show the credit card that the flight was booked with .

Was told was to do with possible charge back on the credit card

When you say many times, do you mean specifically Malaysian Airlines?

It is really hit an miss with my experience - all major airlines have the same rule of showing the CC on checkin from the origin point. Sometimes I am asked and other times not.

I flew with MAS for a year and was asked one time on return leg from KUL-BKK. I fly with Qatar and I think showed it once. Flew with EVA and United and it is hit and miss.

MJ

Edited by imjmn

I apologise , I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have flown from HK to LHR three times this last year and wow what an airline MH are. In my records since 1991 with Cathay pacific I, have logged up nearly 800,000 miles. Great for membership miles. But MH are also part of One World, so mileage applies.

Hong Kong to LHR via KL on MH BUSINESS CLASS which is on a A380 is unbelievable service much better than CX and lounges in Kl and LHR VERY COMFORTABLE. Now another very good reason for that flight not with CX who use a tired 777 is HKD60,000 whilst MH charge HKD 24,100 point made I hope

I have seen airlines do this.What happens if you purchase A ticket for someone else.If they are asked to show the credit card how can they?It's not their credit card.When you do this over the net the website knows your purchasing A fare for someone else.

I apologise , I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have flown from HK to LHR three times this last year and wow what an airline MH are. In my records since 1991 with Cathay pacific I, have logged up nearly 800,000 miles. Great for membership miles. But MH are also part of One World, so mileage applies.

Hong Kong to LHR via KL on MH BUSINESS CLASS which is on a A380 is unbelievable service much better than CX and lounges in Kl and LHR VERY COMFORTABLE. Now another very good reason for that flight not with CX who use a tired 777 is HKD60,000 whilst MH charge HKD 24,100 point made I hope

Don't apologise, just improve.

And stop hijacking other people's threads wink.png

It doesn't matter which airline you book with pretty much anywhere on the planet, if you book remotely using a credit card you will be asked to show it at check in - read security measures, anti fraud, validation of passenger identity, SOP!.

thanks for all the replies

Flew yesterday.

No problem for check-in all good. Not asked for Credit Card, in fact I totally forgot about it and only remembered this thread when the reply alert came in

Good flight, pre-booking a seat was cheap and worth it

Immigration at Phuket was a circus though lots of overstays and speaking to someone who cleared theirs yesterday the immi officers were pulling an additional scam payment on top of the overstay fines. interesting

Good result, maybe it's a regional or short haul thing, I always get asked when I book and fly long haul.

Thanks, still good to know and I was right to check first to see what others had experienced

My booking was tied to my Enrich (MH) membership, and I had checked in online - so that may have helped. Not sure