ant help

There is a flea and tick powder for dogs, that's active ingredient is PERMETHRIN. It does a great job of killing and controlling all types of ants. Sprinkle it on their trails, and cracks/crevices. They will be gone.

The stuff is sold everywhere including Big C and Tesco. The bottle I'm looking at is brand named "Sleeky".

I hate ants, and those big red ones are mean as hell. The Thais collect their eggs and eat them. sick.gif

Edited by curtklay

There is a flea and tick powder for dogs, that's active ingredient is PERMETHRIN. It does a great job of killing and controlling all types of ants. Sprinkle it on their trails, and cracks/crevices. They will be gone.

The stuff is sold everywhere including Big C and Tesco. The bottle I'm looking at is brand named "Sleeky".

I hate ants, and those big red ones are mean as hell. The Thais collect their eggs and eat them. sick.gif

Any chance you could post a pic of the bottle?

Ant Chalk? Or Borax mixed with sugar is the other one I think.

I spray chalk around mango trees. there ae no more ants on the ground but they make nest in the tree sad.png

Borax and sugar is good too.

Does anyone know where to find Borax ?

I found it on internet as food additive but at 400 THB/kg + postage is too expensive.

I went to the farmer supply shop (they use it as fungicide) but "mai mee"... he said if I have the brand name he could provide. So my question is: does someone know a brand name of Borax in Thailand (and if there is a pic of the bag it will help a lot).

Thanks

Ant Chalk? Or Borax mixed with sugar is the other one I think.

I spray chalk around mango trees. there ae no more ants on the ground but they make nest in the tree sad.png

Borax and sugar is good too.

Does anyone know where to find Borax ?

I found it on internet as food additive but at 400 THB/kg + postage is too expensive.

I went to the farmer supply shop (they use it as fungicide) but "mai mee"... he said if I have the brand name he could provide. So my question is: does someone know a brand name of Borax in Thailand (and if there is a pic of the bag it will help a lot).

Thanks

One of my local Pharmacies on Samui has Agriculture grade, now for 300 baht... 1/2 kg.. that would last a long time... Mix about a teaspoon with teaspoon of sugar and enough water to make it a bit of a "paste" (not too runny!) Dot a few drops around different areas of the ant runs.... it kills the whole colony when they take back to the nest...

The red ants, from my experience seem to slower to die off with Borax...you may need to apply twice over about a week...

Borax in Thai sounds about the same in Thai as in English... Here is a picture of the higher grade Borax which is about 500 baht for 450 grams... the name in Thai is written after "1973" in the picture here....

Hope this helps!

_MG_3452-6.jpg